Chapter Four~

Chapter Four~

Travis looked at Zane who was curled up against him, his eye closed, his chest rising and falling heavily.

Travis sighed. Zane had finally fallen asleep, which of course was a good thing. They both were going to go to a village Travis knew well, Phoenix Drop.

Zane seemed hesitant when Travis told him they would be going to that village. Sure, Travis knew he had a bad history with some villages but how bad could it be?

Travis shrugged and rested his chin on the top of Zane's head, softly pulling him closer so he wouldn't wake him up.

Travis smiled warmly. He yearned for something like this with Zane before all of the weird conflict. All he could do now was let sleep consume him and ready him for the next day.

~~~

"Travis wait." Zane said as they were about to walk out of the door. "Yeah?" Travis asked. "I can't go out in my armor.." Zane said, motioning to his own body. "Ah, you're right, don't worry I have just the thing." Travis said, going over to a wardrobe.

Travis went through it before handing some clothes to Zane. "Here."

Zane looked at them. "Hey, aren't these the clothes you first gave when when I was on that island?" He asked. "Yup, now put them on we have a long journey." Travis replied.

Zane shrugged and slipped them on over his armor. "Wh-What the?! How are they even bigger than they were last time!" He exclaimed. "Cause you're small and adorable now let's go." Travis chuckled at Zane before they both walked out.

~~~

"Ah! Phoenix Drop, boy it's been awhile since I've been here." Travis said as he overlooked to village with his hands on his hips. Zane silently agreed as he peered over Travis's shoulder.

"Travis!" A female, panicked voice yelled out. Both Zane and Travis snapped their head over to a short woman with long black hair, hazel eyes and tan skin.

"Behind you!" She yelled, pulling the large broadsword off of her back and throwing towards Zane.

Zane yelled out and ducked, just in time for the sword to go over his head and end up embedded in a tree behind him.

"Oh my Irene Zane are y-" Travis was cut off when another woman ran up with powder blue hair and eyes. Right when Zane got to his feet the woman drop kicked him.

"Katelyn!" Travis yelled, alarmed. Katelyn ignored him, waiting for Zane to scramble back, only to be kicked to the ground again.

A man ran up this time, standard blonde hair a blue eyes.

He pulled Zane off his feet only to knee him in the stomach. "Guys stop!" Travis yelled. The three of them looked at him, confused.

The tan one, which Travis knew as Aphmau, spoke. "Travis do you know who this man is?" She asked.

Travis nodded and pushed the blonde one, Garroth, out of the way and holding Zane close. "Listen I understand he may of done some bad things, but he's changed.." Travis said.

Katelyn kneeled on the ground and picked up something. Travis recognized it as the fragment Zane had. "What's this?" She asked. "N-No wait." Zane tried to speak.

Katelyn glared at him before unwrapping the fragment she stared at it before wrapping it back up. "I have no clue what this is." She said.

Aphmau looked at Zane and Travis. "What is that." She asked. Zane stayed silent and buried his face in Travis's chest. "I don't think he's going to talk.." Katelyn whispered.

Aphmau sighed. "Follow me, Travis, you can get Zane patched up and maybe we can talk." Travis nodded and picked Zane up bridal style while following Aphmau.