Chapter 35 - Confession. (Special for Valentine's Day)

CHAPTER 35

(Soundtrack : Moments, One Direction)

I spend the rest of the taxi ride by reading Olivia’s message over and over again. I don’t know what to reply her, I guess I will just leave it be. I’m thinking on what I will do or say to Harry tonight. Like what I’ve thought before, probably I will kick his plumpy ass because of his deeds.

The taxi drops and I hand the driver the money. I walk to my hotel room and penetrate the key straightaway. Sighing, I start to re-think about my (stupid?) decision to be Harry’s personal photographer. Is this what I truly want? A ‘fame’ like Olivia said? I slam the door hard and put my camera and my phone on the bedside table. I know I want this, but the ‘fame’? I desperately don’t want it. There’s nothing I feel except tiredness, and a real confusion.

Just as I’m about to lie myself on the bed, I hear my phone ringing incessantly. Harry. It must be that manwhore. I groan and take the blanket, covering my whole body with it. I’m so not into talking with him right now.

Hah. At least I can stay in luxury hotels like this because of working with Harry. This is all mine. I should at least have fun with all this!

***

The clock shows that it’s 6 P.M. already when I hear someone knocking my hotel room door. Luckily I just went to the shower so that I don’t really look like a total mess. I don’t care won who is knocking, even though if it’s Harry, I know that I should open it. My mind has been cleared up already by the soothing hot shower; I guess I can be okay for now.

There stands a guy with sunglasses. His hair is blonde but I don’t know him.

‘’Who are you?’’ I frown. I have a feeling to slap him because I’m just afraid he’s a bad stranger.

‘’Lock ‘em. It’s me Niall.’’ The guy whispers. It is Niall, I can tell by his thick Irish accent. I only nod and he enters my hotel room. I quickly go to the door and lock it immediately. I don’t think twice, I know I can trust him and I also know that he won’t do anything bad to me.

‘’What?’’ I ask as I join Niall in sitting on the edge of my bed. He releases his sunglasses and I look at him. ‘’You’ve changed, anyway.’’

‘’Is it my hair? Ah, yes. I just had a haircut with Lou just now.’’ He smiles. I look to him and for a second I feel like it’s not him. ‘’You’re not Niall.’’ I laugh.

‘’I am Niall, but my hair is Michael’s. I’m just trying to be different, I’m kinda bored with the quiff. How do you think about my new haircut?’’

‘’It’s not bad, you’re looking more like.. Boyband-ish. But after all it’s good.’’ What? Me giving compliments to other person? Where is the old me in this case.

‘’Thanks. I’m afraid that people will judge me though.’’ He laughs. His fans. I understand. I smile and tap his shoulder, ‘’Your fans love you so much, as you can see. They’ll love you no matter what, Niall.’’

‘’That’s sweet, thanks Luna.’’ He finally smiles.

I suddenly remember that Niall mentioned the word ‘Michael’. Who is Michael? Curious, I ask him. ‘’Who is Michael?’’

‘’Ah, he’s my mate. He’s a member from 5SOS. They’re a boyband from here.’’

‘’Australia you mean?’’ I ask. He nods and he says, ‘’Come on Luna, I really need to say something to you.’’

‘’Oh yeah, I forgot about that. What’s your purpose of coming here?’’

‘’I don’t know whether this is a right thing to do, but I know that I have to tell you.’’