13 - Conflict

The moment that the candidates entered the tower's door,  there was a big change of gravity and temperature.  It feels like they were teleported to a volcano's core and not to mention that the gravity inside the tower is 10 times harder than the normal.

"It's f**king hot what the f**k" One of the candidates roared among the crowd.

"I think they called it Dragon Tower because it's hot as a Dragon's fire inside...  I feel like being roasted alive. " The other added helplessly.

Yulrir who just entered the tower grunted with the "warm" and "heavy" welcome of the place. He looked around to see the other candidates started taking off their upper garments. Yulrir can only frown in the scene. Even the 5 girls among the candidates can only helplessly blush on the scene.  He ignored it and continued walking straight hoping to find the stairs easily.

The tower has a diameter of 4 to 5 football fields and the interior is as plain as a normal castle.  It didn't have any fancy decorations and no windows but it was magically well-lit.

Yulrir felt the heaviness of the gravity that made him frown more.  He is still currently wearing his weights for body tempering anyways.  It wasn't really comfortable but Yulrir would like to take advantage of the situation to breakthrough his limits so he decided to just leave it as it is and just remove it when extremely necessary. 

It is safe to say that the temperature and the gravity is still tolerable for Yulrir but the stench of the sweat coming from the Alphas made Yulrir uncomfortable and annoyed. He even has to watch out for Theo who just removed his upper garment while intentionally looking at him.

"Hey beta,  aren't you hot because of the temperature? " One of alpha sneered at Yulrir.

" ..." Yulrir ignored his question and just continued walking forward.

"Youu!!!!" The alpha roared out. He wanted to grab Yulrir's arms but before he even reaches it, he stopped moving.

"Whhaaats this?" The alpha profusely sweats because he can't move his whole body suddenly.

"Well well,  Aren't you a bit jumpy brother*?" Theo moved forward near the unmoving alpha.

***a. note (the brother here does not signify family relation)
***
"T-Theo? what is the meaning of this? " the alpha bellowed.

"Did I not made myself clear earlier not to touch even a hair of him without my permission? " Theo replied coldly with a repugnant smile. It sent chills to the other alphas on the ground. He had established that he was the strongest alpha in the crowd so it was natural for them to submit even they are reluctant. The stronger is the king,  the weaker doesn't have a choice but to follow.

The unmoving alpha gulped and whined "I'm s--sorry.  I was just asking him... " forget about being mighty,  he knew that if he gets into the bad side of this demon in front of him,  it'll be a disaster.

"Hmmm...  Okay. Since I am benevolent,  I'll make it pass. " Theo waved his right hand and the alpha had regained his freedom to move.

"Thankk yoouuu..." The alpha bowed to Theo and cautiously ran to the corner. It was a total submission. The alphas around can't help but gulp and respect Theo on his ways.  He easily put a 6th Layer Elementary warrior to bind with just a wave of his hands.  It was clearly a magic art but one should have enough will and mana pool to cast such binding spell. In their view,  Theo just releases a spell as powerful as that like it was nothing.  Theo can't help being ecstatic about the reverent gazes coming from the other Alphas.

He collected himself and look towards where Yulrir was earlier but only to find the one he just saved is nowhere to be found amongst the crowd.

Theo frowned because he felt like he was ignored and was played.  Little he did know,  Yulrir had successfully climb up to the 2nd floor without caring about what's happening below.
The second floor's gravity pull had multiplied again to 20 but Yulrir made it look like it was nothing and continued moving forward.  Yulrir's body is efficiently adjusting to the pressure due to his cultivation of Tempered Body.

Outside the tower,  there are 5 people who are currently looking at the 4 mirrors.  This mirror is an artifact akin to the Dragon Tower and only the tower master can activate it.  These mirrors can show the events and places inside the Dragon Tower according to the Tower Master's will.  These 5 people are Logan, Terra, and the 3 hooded figures. 

"Incredible!  That Theo youngster looks a bit hotblooded but he had a nice talent and aptitude! " Terra exclaimed.

"Yes,  he got the highest rank in cultivation amongst the candidate. " Logan added.

"He wasn't the only one who is promising. " One of the hooded figures had said.

"That young one with the mask,  what was his name? " the hooded figure added.

"Ohh...  His name is Yulrir.  He is second to Theo in cultivation ranking,  what's most shocking is that he is only a beta. " Logan nodded.

"Are you serious?!" Terra exclaimed in amazement.

"Yes... Why would I joke anyways? " Logan teasingly smirked at Terra.

Terra ignored Logan's teasing smirk and continued looking at the mirror who displays Yulrir.

"Hahaha.  This year's candidate is interesting. " The hooded figure sincerely laughed.

"I wonder how far will they be able to climb up or would there be someone to reach the top floor this time? " Terra with a hint of excitement in her eyes added.

Yulrir, on the other hand, continued moving towards the stairs towards the 3rd floor.