Hatake Kakashi: Fascination: Part XXVIII

|| [Hatake] : Fascination : [Kakashi] || [Part XXVIII] ||

--

Oriko lifted the small flap of curtains and wandered into the small tea shop, it was quiet with only two other people sat at tables, as Oriko chose a table and kneeled down in front of it, noting the pleasant atmosphere. 

She waited for a few moments as her nerves seemed to creep up on her, she felt as though she wanted to leave again, but then that would bring her meeting with Kakashi a little closer and she couldn’t help but wonder about the hug they shared the evening before.

“Oriko! You’re here!” The rather surprised voice of Kiyoshi sounded from above her breaking her train of thoughts, he crouched down to her eye level, “How are you feeling?”

“Hmm, not too bad, yourself?”

“Terrible…but plenty of green tea’s been a help today,” He smiled, “Sorry I left so abruptly last night, I guess I was more drunk than I thought,”

“Ah, no worries, I was so tired that I wasn’t in the mood for long goodbyes anyway,” Kiyoshi nodded in understanding,

“Is there anything you’d like to order?”

“Yes, some jasmine tea, please,” He nodded and rose to his feet,

“I’ll be back in a few moments, and we can chat a little more,” He turned and wandered off, Oriko’s heart felt a little lighter as a result and she relaxed slightly, shifting her position to a more comfortable one.

He returned a moment or two later with a small pot of tea and a cup which he set down on the table and took a seat,

“So, there’s only one test remaining until the Chuunin exams are complete?”

“Yea, I think it’s supposed to just be straight tournament style matches from here on…I’m looking forward to it though, it should be a hell of a lot easier than in the second test,” She rolled her eyes,

“What do you mean?”

“Oh, the second test takes place in ‘practice area no 44’, and it’s a scroll battle which takes place over five days, in a gigantic forest full of huge creatures – 30ft centipedes are a real nightmare!” She shook her head at Kiyoshi’s horrified expression as she poured herself out some tea and held the cup between her hands; her extremities feeling the chilly breeze.

“Okay, that’s why I never became a shinobi!” Kiyoshi laughed,

“Heh, well, that’s why you didn’t have to become one because they’re all locked up in that place!” She smiled fleetingly before taking a reserved sip of tea, feeling the warming effects spread throughout her body.

“Is something wrong? You seem a little…on edge,” Kiyoshi’s perceptiveness gently questioned,

“I-err…hmm…I guess it’s nothing…but…” She wasn’t really sure how to articulate her worries, not to mention that she was a little embarrassed by them.

“Go on…”

“Well, it’s about last night… Kakashi walked me home and, err, well gave me a hug,” She suddenly felt a little silly and Kiyoshi matched it exactly,

“What’s wrong with that?”

“I dunno it just seems weird is all…I mean he’s my sensei,” She crinkled her nose a little in time with the emphasis, trying to get across to Kiyoshi how weird she found it,