Chapter 76: Differences

Iroh's P.O.V

One week has passed since Saira had told me her terrible story. She didn't like thinking about it and didn't the past few years. It was something, she kept locked, back in her memories and never recalled it, how she said. But then she had to relive everything again when she told me the incident. It was a dark chapter in the story of her life. I had asked her if she would show me the house, she had burned but she only declined and suggested me to visit it when I was fitter. The next morning, I woke up, the other half of the bed was empty. I didn't realize what time it was but I would lay here the whole day anyway so I didn't really care. After a few minutes, Saira entered the room with a tray. She smiled as she saw me awake and put the tray on the bed and sat next to it. The plate was filled with food and beverages. She took a cup and poured black tea into it and then made sure it was cold enough so I could drink it.

"What have I done to get you, woman?"

"Been yourself my beloved Iroh."

"I like the view from here. You know, I always loved your legs."

Saira looked down at her legs and chuckled. I put a hand on her thigh while she was feeding me. I ran my hand up and down it and she gave me a sceptical look:"I thought your arm was broken."

"Well, it is healthy enough to touch you."

"Is it so?"

"The past few nights are the evidences for it.", I whispered. She laughed again and pecked my lips,"When are we visiting the house?"

Saira gave me a worried look and stared outside the window. Something crossed her face and she turned back to me:"As I said, when you are fit."

"Well, I am fit."

"I'm feeding you.", she said and raised an eyebrow.

"Well, I enjoy being fed by my beautiful wife. What else do I have to prove that I'm fine?"

"Alright. I'll shave you then we can go.", she said. She then stood up and looked for her bag while I sat up. As she got the blade, she walked back and sat on my lap:"You know you could do it alone too, huh?"

"Of course I could do it alone but I could cut my face, you know since I've broken my arm. And that would look unprofessional, am I right, Commander?", I said ran and my hands up her thighs to her waist,"By the way, my hands are too busy to do something else."

She started shaving my beard carefully and let out a shaky breath. I got her weak spot.

"If you continue, I can't show you the house.", she said seductively. I knew this was just an excuse so we won't see the place where she had left her worst memories. She knew that I normally wouldn't back but she got me wrong this time. I placed my hands on her waist and asked her to continue. One point for me. As Saira finished, she applied some kind of cream on my face and then gave me my favourite aftershave. She also helped me dressing up since I couldn't do it alone.

"You look tensed.", I gazed at her. She had braided her auburn hair and didn't apply any of those painting stuff called make up. But he still managed to look great and since day one, I met her, she looked fabulous. She didn't need to look like a clown, like some other girls and women did. And even if she applied some make up, it was always minimalistic. As she finished buttoning my shirt and jacket, she looked up at me. My hand wandered under her chin and lifted it up so she could look into my eyes directly. Then she laid her lips on mine and we stood there for a few minutes just kissing. My hand wandered down her arm and I felt something on her wrist. I broke the kiss and looked at it.

"Looks like I have a rival, huh?"

"Oh, yes you have.", she said seriously.

"Fine. Who is it?"