02 | Belle

song: everybody talks // neon trees•

'Ari, Snow, get up and drag your sorry asses here this instant!' Sophie yelled from the kitchen so loud I could hear her from the bathroom.

Welcome to your usual morning in the Matthews family.

I continued adding the blusher on my perfectly clear skin, already finished with filling my eyebrows. Running a hand through my honey-coloured waves I left the bathroom, gracefully walking into the kitchen where Sophie was running from her papers to the stove worried that the cookies will be too soft again.

'Good morning!'

She turned with tears in her eyes, that's how happy she was to see me. 'Oh thank God, my favourite triplet! Can you wait for me in the car? I'll come as soon as I force your sisters out of their beds.'

I shrugged and grabbed an apple for later, shaking my head at the cooies. 'Don't worry Sophie, we have plenty of time before the school starts.'

She paused pulling the cooking gloves on. 'We only have ten minutes.'

'More than enough.'

Ignoring the look she gave me I walked outside towards her blue Citroen, calling a shotgun. Either way Ari will crash in the back and push Snow in the corner.

It's pure luck Sophie wasn't in the mood this morning so she didn't notice my black pencil skirt is an inch shorter than it usually is. No, I'm not trying to be a slut and flash my upper legs for everyone to see like the cheerleading team does.

I wear mine for a message and they wear theirs like a trap for potential one night stands. It just doesn't get into my head how they don't get bored of wearing the same clothes every single day. Who knows if they even wash the uniforms.

Ugh, and then other poor girls follow their bad example and look like they've put on a towel. Okay, dress whatever you like, but please have some dignity while doing so.

The door opened and Ari crashed behind me just like I predicted, covering her face with her leather jacket, but not before I caught the sight of her face with zero makeup on.

I didn't bother asking her if she heard of foundation, like she knows what that is anyway. All she wears is black or red in form of a lipstick every time she goes to a rock concert. When I try to give her some beauty tips she slams her door shut in my face. So much about bonding with your siblings.

I dreamed of having a sister whose hair I'd braid and who would do my makeup. We would talk about boys and have a girls night where we would sing karaoke and tell each other our deepest secrets. The reality is that Ari simply ignores me and comes home in the middle of night.

'You okay?' I asked her softly and she removed the jacket and Ray-Bans so I could have a look.

Jesus Christ!

'What do you think Belle, do I look okay?'

The infamous glare she was giving me and the state of her face, my face, were a clear sign that the migraine was still there. I'd have compassion for her if the reason behind her hangover wasn't alcohol.

Last night there was a party at one of her friends house and she sneaked back in around three in the morning.

Probably not the best way to start Monday morning after a 2 week suspension.

She had puffy black bags under her eyes and her brown hair looked like a bird's nest put in a messy bun. It was horrible to see my copy in such a state. Ari eventually put her Ray-Bans back on and I breathed out relieved.