Chapter 12

Casper

"Can I use the restroom?"

I give Kellie my deadliest glare, and she catches it right away. She mouths to me I have to go. I don't think she really took my don't trust her seriously. The woman gives her that same smile, the one that's cold and scary and fake.

"Sure!" She stands up as Kellie does, and wraps her arm around her shoulder. Kellie tenses up, but the woman walks her to the bathroom just around the corner. They are out of sight, so I quickly get up and try to eavesdrop. Kellie walks into the bathroom, and the lady closed it gently.

And I hold in a gasp as I watch her lock it.

I run back to my chair, and act like I didn't see anything, but I saw it clearly. This lady locked Kellie in. Shit. She's planning something, this crazy lady, and it's time for Kellie and I to get the hell out of here.

I sit still as she comes back and sits. Her eyes once again fall on mine, and I feel too sick to eat.

"I think we're going to head out when Kellie gets back," I say, and she looks at me strangely, a sad look on her face.

"But why? I've given you food, and I have two beds for you guys-"

"We have to go." I say, and all of a sudden her face changes. Her smile changes into something gruesome, and her face turns into a cold, menacing look.

"You're staying," she says sternly, "I can't let those eyes leave me. Ever again."

And this is when I make my move. But this old lady was ready, and as I stand up, she grabs my shirt and yanks me across the kitchen. I'm sore already, but as I hit the corner of the kitchen counter with my side, I wince and stumble.

I hear Kellie twisting the bathroom door. "Casper?" She asks, pushing on the door.

"Kellie, get out!" I yell, and Kellie keeps kicking the door frantically. She has no idea what is going on, but she can hear it. The lady comes at me, and something smacks me in the face so hard I fall over in an instant. When my vision comes back, I look up as the lady drops a cookie sheet, specks of blood on it. She puts her shoe on my stomach, almost putting all her weight on me, and I struggle to get air. Blood runs down the side of my face, and the lady leans down so her face is right into mine. I struggle against her. She looks down, smiling at me, examining my eyes.

"I'll never let my green eyes go," she says, sending chills throughout my body. "Your eyes are mine."

My eyes widen as she pulls out something from behind her. She holds a knife in her hand, her knee pinned on my ribs and her other hand holding my face still. I can still hear Kellie punching and kicking the door, now screaming for me. I freeze when the lady presses the knife on my skin, trailing the sharp tip around my face, not to a point of drawing blood, but just enough to cause pain and discomfort. She puts the sharp point right under my eye, and I stay still. She's going to cut out my eyes, it seems. This woman has surely gone crazy.

I wiggle my shoes, and feel the cool blades against my ankles. That's right, my knives, they're in my boots. I keep my face still as she presses the knife further, and now I do feel blood from her knife. I grit my teeth and try to swing my legs towards me, but I struggle. The woman keeps mumbling something about green eyes to me, and Kellie keeps screaming. I try to kick at least one leg up, and the knife slowly comes out to the end of my boot. The knife on my face moves, the woman smiling down at my eyes.

And I'm about to scream as she puts the tip of the knife right on the bottom of my eye, angling so if she moved the knife up, she would cut my eye easily. I look into the lady's eyes, trying to plead to her to stop, but she's gone psycho and her wicked smile stays.