Chapter 5

This chap's more on the shorter side, but it's better than nothing, right?

Vote + Comment!

P.S.: Y'all are lying to yourselves if you don't think he looks prince-like in that pic above. my MAN.

________________________________________________

Chapter 5

Prince's POV:

"I can't believe I didn't get to see you off," Gemma sniffed in dismay, her expression of displeasure clear on my phone screen as I FaceTimed her. A frown marred her features as she walked through the halls of the palace, a pout set on her lips. "How unfair."

I snickered lightly, leaning back in the cushioned seat of the jet as I glanced out the window. We were still on the tarmac, just a few moments from taking off. "You're the one who loves going to tea parties, Gem," I couldn't help but tease, although I was just as disappointed that I hadn't been able to see her before leaving. My sister was admittedly one of my best friends, and it was highly saddening that I hadn't gotten a chance to say a proper goodbye before leaving for New York.

"Shut up, you, I was on a date," she admitted reluctantly and hastily, the phone jerking as she entered what looked like her bedroom as the door shut behind her. "I would've canceled if I knew I'd miss seeing you," Gemma added in a mutter.

My brows shot up, simultaneously replying the flight attendant's notice of take-off in five minutes with a smile before returning my gaze to the phone. "A date?" I repeated, suspicion clearly lacing my tone as I narrowed my eyes. "With who?"

"'s not important," Gemma countered, sitting on the bed as she let out a huff, staring right into the camera as she added, "What's important is that I didn't get to see you before you left."

"I know, I'm sorry," I sighed, offering a small apologetic smile. Of course, I was just as upset about not being able to see Gemma before I left, and seeing her pouting about it didn't help the case. "But I promise I'll call you every day to make up for it." She grinned at that, showing off her dimples as I added, "I've got to go now, Gem, the jet's about to take off."

My sister scoffed with a roll of her eyes. "You're saying that as if you have to hang up the phone. But alright, I have to take a shower anyway. Call when you land, H."

With a final goodbye, I ended the call and peered out the window, watching as the jet began moving to head in the direction of the runway. Inhaling softly, I rubbed my palms on my jean clad thighs, admittedly a bit nervous. It was nerve-wracking, knowing I was going to a different country to live for about a year or so completely on my own. But it was just as exciting, because this meant no rules and no prince-like duties; I was free to do whatever I pleased, and that was all sorts of new territory for me.

When the plane began picking up pace, I settled back in the cushioned seat and watched as we sped down the runway until I felt myself being pushed back due to the force of the plane finally taking off and getting off ground. Knowing I had about eight hours in the air, I pulled out my laptop and settled it on the small table in front of me, turning it on and going to my e-mail to check out the new flat I'll be staying in.

It was a flat in the Upper East Side of the city, unsurprisingly, and as I clicked through the photos that had been e-mailed to me, I realized there really was nothing normal about this place. It came fully furnished, with all sorts of furniture and appliances ready to be used, and just by looking at the pictures I could figure how expensive it was. It was almost like going from one palace to another, and I'm not too sure how I feel about that. I guess I'll have to deal with it when I get to it. Not that I'm ungrateful for such a lavish living arrangement—I was just looking for something a little bit more subtle. I've been to Louis's and Niall's flats, and they look homey and livable. Flats like the one that's waiting for me in New York seem as if you shouldn't be allowed to touch a thing in there—just like how it kind of is like in the palace, really.