Handcuffed to Zander

Chapter 44: Tangled

Song Chapter: Wild Thoughts by DJ Khaled

Aria Evans

The television softly played, the only source of light in my giant living room. My house has never felt like home. A house could never be a home without a family. Seeing as my parents were always away and it's always been just grandma and I in this big house, it was just a house. It's never been something where I was comfortable in to call mine.

But having Zander here made it feel like home.

My legs fell across his lap, his hand resting on top of them as his thumb ever so slowly caressed my knee. The rhythm of his thumb on my skin felt on fire but it cooled me down. I was overall relaxed and I was surprised that it was in my house.

The Disney movie, Tangled was playing on my living room T.V. Zander enjoying every minute of it as I was too occupied enjoying every minute of him. The feeling at the pit of stomach grew as I realized what I was doing.

My mind whittled at the thought of it and I almost laughed out loud but stopped myself, a sly smile reaching my lips, as my eyes zoned in at his lips and then moved towards his eyes that were wrinkled from the way he kept laughing at the screen.

Who knew that an eighteen year old boy could love Tangled so much.

Who knew that I could love this boy so much?

Smiling, the feeling grew and I wasn't even surprised at what just crossed my mind. I was totally comfortable with the thought of having feelings for the goofball in front of me, I was almost pleased with the thought.

Zander, feeling my stare, turned to look back at me, his smile growing even more, and I couldn't help but grin back.

Now I was totally sure and that moment became surreal as I felt a slight connection that Zander might even have feelings for me back.

That's why I couldn't wait for another moment.

Grabbing the back of his neck, I dragged his lips towards mine, his arms wrapping around my waist to push me on him.

Tangling my fingers in his hair, I almost screeched as I felt him squeeze below my waist. Biting lightly at his lip back, we released, our breaths tingling at our mouths. His eyes showed different emotions as his grin appeared.

"What was that for princess?"

Butterflies swarmed at the name and I only just shrugged, a sly smile falling at my lips.

A sharp ring shot out as we both jumped. Sighing, I realized it was my phone ringing in my back pocket.

Feeling movement, Zander reached for my phone, making sure to brush his hand on my butt and landing his other firmly to squeeze it. Smirking, he handed me my cell phone, not before whispering,

"Here you go."

What a boy.

Rolling my eyes playfully, I looked down at the light up screen, seeing Sandy's name appear. Hitting accept, I held it towards my ear.

"Aria, you have to come down towards the school. Derek's fighting some idiots and one of them just pulled out a knife. I don't know what to do! They won't listen to me!"

Quickly getting off of Zander's lap, I reached out to grab his keys. Zander gave me an alarming look as he asked what was wrong.

"I'm on my way."