chapter 9

"Are you sure these are enough?"

Taehyung lifted the small packets of infant cereal to me before he placed them on the cart, and I nodded.

"She still keeps on pushing food away with her tongue, and Aeri's doctor hadn't really suggested solids last time we visited," I explained. "But maybe on our next visit he'd recommend it. For now those are fine."

Taehyung continued to push the trolley and I trailed beside him with Aeri cradled in my arms. With a pacifier on her mouth, she kept observing her surroundings attentively. I pinched on her nose lightly.

"Her doctor's a he?"

Taehyung's question caught me off guard, and my brows furrowed a bit. "Yeah? Is that a problem?"

"Not really." He shook his head. "Just wondering why it's a guy."

"He used to be friends with Mina-unnie. Unnie was a doctor and they worked in the same hospital. I think I hadn't told you that," I clarified.

"Oh, okay. What else do we need?" asked Taehyung, shooting me a sideways glance.

"Well, we already have Aeri's necessities, and..." I paused, eyeing the contents of the trolley. "Oh. I think we forgot wet wipes."

Taehyung leaned forward and rummaged through the items on the cart. "I'll get them. I think we passed through the aisle earlier." He gave me a knowing look and situated the trolley on the side. "Wait here, I'll be back."

Obliging, I scooted to the side. The aisle we were currently in had bedroom necessities, mostly pillows and comforters. Humming, I scanned through the different designs. Some of them had really cute patterns and prints, but then, I'd still prefer the one Taehyung had set up on our room.

Some people that passed us by gave us smiles and approached Aeri waving their hand.

A minute had passed, but Taehyung still hadn't came back. Did he get lost? Though that really seemed unlikely. My gaze fell on Aeri at the same time she yawned, her eyes getting milky.

I swung her gently, admiring how adorable she was in her cream cotton bear onesie that Taehyung had also picked out for her.

"Taehyung will be back soon," I soothingly whispered.

"Uh, excuse me."

My head snapped up and I flashed a look at the person in front of me. He had a polite smile on his face, and I could barely see his eyes due to the way they squinted.

But hold on.

I was sure I had seen this guy before. Especially those almost non-existent eyes.

He must've thought I didnt hear him because not too soon did the pleasant smile on his face slipped away. I knew he was about to ask me to move again. But perhaps something else came into his mind, and just when I remembered where I had encounterd this guy before, he raised his hand, index finger ready to point at me.

"Lee Kyungmin!" he called, the same time as I exclaimed, "Park Jimin?"

And then we both laughed.