Chapter 12

A/N: Hello my beautiful readers~ How was your Valentine's? Bah, mine was spent in school and at home. And at tuition. Ugh. Anyways I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for the current 19k reads :') You guys always make my day. This chapter is for Haru-san, because I think him and his husband are like Chip and Xander. They are the cutest couple ever!

Chapter 12: Balls, Shower Gel, and Perhaps a little Happiness. 

Xander’s POV

Shit. That was fucking cute. 

“Xander—dude. You ‘kay?” Blake smacked me hard on the back. I flinched, but didn’t respond. My eyes were fixed on the adorable frame at the opposite side of the field.

Knocking into a metal pole is not something anyone can do. And to pull it off as cute as Chip did—was almost impossible.

“What’re you lookin’ at?” A few of my friends tried to catch a glimpse of my interest, craning their heads in the direction I was fixed at.

I quickly adverted my gaze and shrugged. “Nothing.”

At the same time, I couldn’t help but notice the petite figure coming to a stop near the stands as he finished his rounds.

“Hey, kid. You gotta buck up y’know?” Coach frowned. “You’re way too slow. You have any health problems or somethin’?”

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Chip jump in surprise as the Coach addressed him. “I-I’m sorry Sir,” he tried to make out a sentence but his words came out in small pants. “I don’t…really have a-any…special conditions.” I could see that he was having difficulty catching his breath.

His cheeks were flushed a cute coral red and small puffs of his heated breath slipped out from his lips.

I had this sudden urge to punch the coach for making him talk when he was obviously unable to.

When most of the two classes had finished their rounds, Coach instructed us to form into 4 groups in each class—2 groups of boys and 2 groups of girls. And that we were playing rugby. (Football/Rugby whatever)

Of course, it was the same old usual—the sporty people automatically moved together to form the strongest team. Which included me. Duh.   (A/N: You are one cocky bastard you know that)

Again, I found my eyes instinctively resting on Chip. He looked reluctant as hell to separate from that girl. What was her name again…oh yeah, Kim. I felt something sharp scratch at my heart.

“-Kay’ Xander’s team—first court on my right along with you guys.” Coach pointed to the first group of boys from 3A, Chip’s class.

Eyes darting to the opposing team (athlete’s instinct to size up opponents), my mind suddenly registered the fact that I’d be playing against Chip. He was hiding behind the rest of his male classmates, trying to be as unnoticeable as possible.

I tried to suppress a laugh.

Together with the junior team, my group moved towards the first part of the field slowly going into our usual positions.

To be honest, Chip’s class wasn’t all that weak. I could spot some of the jocks at the back but there were only 3 of them. Compared to the 7 of us, this would be an easy game.

But then there was Chip…

Turning around, I noticed that most of my team were already cracking up over the miserable opposing group.