Chapter Seven: Day Three

On the next day, Carla got up from her bed, and made sure she made as little noise as possible, as to not wake her sleeping double.

"What was I thinking?" Carla whispered to herself as she rose to her feet.

She looked over at the other Carla, and gently caressed her tranquil, sleeping face.

"I really hope you feel the same way, Me." She whispered to her sleeping duplicate. "Otherwise, it'll get real awkward between us." She said before she walked out of the room.

As soon as she heard her double leave, the other Carla sat up in the bed, and stared blankly at the door. "What?... What was that all about? What was she talking about?" She asked herself.

Carla then got up, and walked to the kitchen with the intent to eat some breakfast, but stopped in her tracks when she saw Denice there, staring at her with a confused look.

"What the? Didn't you just leave for your classes?" Denice asked.

Carla stood motionless for a few seconds, while she thought of something. 'Oh fuck! What do I say now?' She wondered.

"What? No, that wasn't me, that was just, umm..." Carla trailed off, feeling a little light headed.

"Was that your crush?!" Denice asked suddenly and with an enthusiasm that this Carla had not imagined possible.

"My crush?" Cara replied confused.

"Yeah, you know, the one you told me about yesterday." Denice said as Carla sat down in front of her. "The one you said was a lot like you." She added.

A thought then flashed through her head. 'No... She could be talking about...but why would other me say that? Well, whatever. She did say to play along with whatever this one said.' Carla thought to herself

"Yes!" Carla suddenly blurted out. "That was her." She said simply.

Denice's jaw dropped. "No way! How did you bed her already?" She asked amazed.

Carla blushed hard. "No! No!" She exclaimed. "We didn't do anything. We just hung out, and she slept in my room." Carla explained.

Denice got up, and widened her eyes. "Sure, okay."

'Oh now that's a weird thought. Me and, me...Doing it?' Carla thought to herself as she began to daydream about just that.

"So what's her name?" Denice asked.

Carla woke from her short daydream. "Oh, uuh, its..." she thought to herself for a moment. "Darla!" She blurted out, and immediately felt incredibly embarrassed.

"Sheesh... You don't even know her name Carla?" Denice teased.

"I do know her name!" She barked back, causing Denice to laugh.

"Yeah, whatever you say." She said as she headed for her room. "Oh by the way, Don't expect to see me till tomorrow. I'm going with a group of friends to the beach up north." Denice announced.

"Okay. Have fun." Carla replied.

She then paid careful attention to her roommate's footsteps, and waited for the sound of the front door to open and close. 'Well at least I can have some alone time with other me.' Carla thought to herself.

Later that night, Carla returned home from her classes, and met Carla, who was waiting for her in the kitchen, with a cooked meal prepared.

"Hey me." the Carla just arriving said.

The other Carla turned to her. "Oh hi me. How was your day?" She said in a happy manor.

Carla looked around the kitchen, and took in the surreal moment. The smell of freshly made pasta filling her nose, and another her standing in front of the stove wearing an apron was not one scenario she was accustomed to.