Chapter 27

My stomach churns as I walk down the hallway. Do I really want to do this? I ask myself. He'll probably want nothing to do with me now since I've been giving him the cold shoulder. I continue to walk until I hit the room that keeps the person I've been trying to avoid.

I stand there contemplating if I really want to do this. If he really cared he'd come to me, I think, but that doesn't stop me from knocking on his door.

The door opens and my line of vision is filled with pure muscle and those beautiful blue eyes.

Oh those eyes.

__________________________

Xander's POV

I lay in my bed as I think of the beautiful thing I've lost.

Isabelle.

What I did with Leven was stupid. I knew that she was flirting with me, I knew she was standing really close to me, I knew she was about to kiss me, and I think I wanted it.

It might have been just closure for me. By kissing her I knew that I didn't want her because I already had something beautiful. But that doesn't make it any less stupid.

My thoughts are interrupted my a knock at the door. I get up to go see who it is. I walk to the door and open it.

I'm shocked to see who's behind the door. They tiny little figure and black hair are ones I've missed so much.

Before I have time to process what to say the words are already tumbling out of my mouth.

"I love you."