Chapter 3 ~ Capture the Human!

Nightmare's POV (In Undertale)

'Why did I agree on this?' I sighed in frustration as I walked around Snowdin Forest, searching for someone innocent to be captured. However, something felt off, like the others were stopping with the search. That got me thinking, what were they doing? Nonetheless I continued to search.

Suddenly I heard faint snow crunching, the person must be very light if they could walk over snow with only a few loud crunch noises, or they were just careful with every step they took. I hid behind a tree as I looked at who was walking there. It was a human girl with some visible strands of (h/c) hair through the (f/c) hoodie, which covered half of her face. She held two (f/c) plastic bags in her hands. The human seemed to be in a hurry because she was walking at a faster pace than Frisk.

I was about to walk out and grab her with one of my tentacles when something made me stop in my tracks. I couldn't move. When I tried to say something, that didn't work either.

A low chuckle coming from behind me pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Hello, Nightmare."

'What the-' I tried to face whoever was causing me to not move at all, but to no avail. However, they sounded like a male.

"I am aware of you not being able to move, but this has a reason. It wouldn't really be nice if you would try attacking me without me being finished, now would it? I already explained everything to your followers, they all agreed on selecting that human over there as hostage, you should as well."

As I tried to move my tentacles, the person grabbed one of them with great force. It made me want to scream, but I could not. He started to laugh like a maniac, yet loud enough so the girl couldn't hear him.

"That is adorable. You know, you can't just struggle away from destiny's most loyal servant."

His grip was unbearable, I've never been in so much pain. I shouldn't even be able to feel the pain coming from my tentacles, he probably used magic on his hands.

"Enough satisfaction," He let go of my tentacle. If I could, I would sigh in relief. "her name is (Y/N) (L/N) and she has great, hidden potential within her. The girl is currently living with Toriel in the Ruins and lived with her for almost two years now. She had been in Snowdin for the first time some minutes ago for the groceries in her plastic bags. Do not underestimate her. She may seem fragile and weak, but that is because she only uses her powers if she is in real danger or pain. Usually those powers only awaken when she sees the danger and pain as challenge. That means if you are not able to inflict enough pain on her then she won't activate her powers. So consider twice if you should harm her or not."

'Who the fuck is that guy?!' I thought as I kept on struggling out of his magic which caused him to darkly chuckle. Damn, he's good.

"Now to my identity... I will not show myself yet, your minions know me as the 'Cloaked Man', it's a pretty fitting name actually since almost my full body is covered with a cloak. I already made Dr. Alphys and Undyne from Underfell fear me. I will not give you any details about what I did to them, but let's just say..."