||Chapter 3||

"Uuuuhh..." I turned my alarm off.

It was 5:30 and I had to get ready to work. I felt exhausted. It's been a week since I ran out of Mr. Queen's penthouse.

The bruises he left on my wrists didn't seem to be getting off so I have to conceal them everyday. What a fucking douche...

I can't get him out of my head lately, the way he looked at me, there was something different in his eyes when he first came through the door. Maybe something like amusement or hope. But his gaze was still so cold it would make you want to wear an extra jumper.

I kept thinking about his sharp jawline and the smell of his cologne.

Uhhh stop. He probably already forgot all about you and is now swimming with some hot ladies in a pool full of piranhas.
Oh wait no, only the hot ladies would be swimming with the piranhas.
After they've had sex.
I guess.

I brushed my teeth and put my long, warm-chestnut hair in a high ponytail. I looked in the mirror and saw my light green eyes. I put my makeup on.

I looked fine apart from the bags under my eyes which I got from not sleeping, I've been having nightmares lately. I wake up panting and sweaty, not able to fall back to sleep. The dreams usually reveal the memories I try not to think about during the day, and that sucks. A lot.

As I walk out of my apartment I breathed the fresh morning air.
It was still dark. I walked, like always, with a fast pace. Not many people were out this early considering it was 6:30. But I didn't mind it that much, I actually started to like it at the Café. My legs got used to running around and serving drinks and pancakes all day, but at the end of my shift, (plus the over hours) I would always feel completely exhausted.

When I finally reached the Café I walked in and saw that Vicky was here. Vicky isn't quite my actual friend but it's close. She works with me but she never stays longer than 6 hours. But I can't complain because she's always here when it gets busy.

"Morning Vicky," I said as I gave her a smile.
"Morning Natalie." I chuckled at her response because she always seems half asleep in the morning.

"Hello Natalie, how you doing?" I heard Mr. Sterne ask with a huge grin.

"I'm okay, sir. Thank you." I answered as I got my half-apron around me.

After 10 minutes, there were already about 5 clients and I had to serve all of them since Vicky said she'll come back at lunch.
I got a few generous tips from men after they got a good look at my ass.

The clients came and went, ordering things
like cappuccinos, pancakes with strawberries, muffins, cookies and donuts.
It was lunch time and Vicky finally came and helped me take orders from about 25 people.

The whole day went by and it was 7:30pm. I was asked to stay over time for at least 1 hour.
30 minutes to go. I decided to do the dishes.

After 5 minutes, the Café was empty and inside came 3 men in suit. They took the table in the corner, near the window. They looked like they were watching someone from the it. I finally got myself together and went to take their order. As I walked nearer, two of them looked at me suspiciously as if I was going to pull out a gun and shoot at them.

"C-can I take your orders?" I asked, shyly. The two men turned in my direction while the one in the middle kept staring at the window making it impossible for me to see his face.
"Hello sweetheart, what would you suggest?" One of them asked me eyeing me dangerously up and down.