The Unknown (Fred Weasley)

A lot of people miss Sirius, huh? (So do I~)

I actually got really confused for a minute because one of the hints was that he played on the quidditch team but people kept guessing Sirius (who I thought never played on the quidditch team) and I was like huh, you learn something knew everyday. But then I did some research and found out that he actually never did play on the quidditch team. The only reason most people think he was on the team is because a lot of fanfics portray him as a beater.

Anyway, the main star for this one is Fred - I hope you're not too disappointed (because if you are then I'll keep him for myself ~)

Fred's POV

"Excuse me?" a small voice called out, trying to get my attention. It was a wonder that I could hear her at all over the noise of the children running around the shop.

"I'll be with you in a minute, love," I responded, ringing up the total for the customer in front of me.

Once I had served the customer, the older man took his bag and left the shop, bringing me face to face with the young woman who had called out to me earlier. It was like a bolt from the blue. Just the sight of her face and I was frozen into place. It was a face I saw in my dreams every night and I was certain that I could describe each of her features in vivid detail. I could tell you the way her lips curved up higher on one side, the way her eyes widened with the adrenaline from that day, but I couldn't tell you what her name was.

"Erm, excuse me?" she prompted again and I blinked, bringing myself out of my daze.

"Sorry about that," I apologised quietly, unable to tear my eyes away from her face. After years of searching for her, here she was, standing in my shop. "What can I do for you?"

"I think a delivery of mine was dropped off here?" she trailed off, realising that I had no idea what she was talking about. "George usually keeps it in the back for me until I can pick it up?"

"Um, let me go and check the storeroom," I offered, cursing myself internally for acting like such a freak.

Why couldn't I just talk to her? However, the far more pressing and more important question was, how did she know George? And if she did know George, then why didn't George tell me? I ducked into the storeroom, leaving Verity to man the till and instantly slumped against the wall.

Merlin. I could still remember it.

The battle was nothing like any of us had expected. None of us had expected to lose so many people so quickly. But we had to persist. I stood side by side, fighting alongside Percy of all people as we fought to maintain our stronghold on the castle. There was no time to think; spell after spell left my wand and I barely registered which ones I had been casting. Thinking for a moment too long would cost me my life and I was not going to die today.

"Hello, Minister! Did I mention I'm resigning?" Percy exclaimed suddenly, drawing me from my thoughts and briefly making me look away from the death eater that I was duelling. It could have proven to be a fatal mistake.

"You're joking, Perce! You actually are joking, Percy... I don't think I've heard you joke since you were - "

There was an almighty crash as one of the death eaters blew a wall to pieces and before I knew it -

"Mobilicorpus!" the spell was exclaimed by a quiet but strong voice.

Just like that I was swept off of my feet, hovering in the air as the caster of the spell moved me away from my previous spot. My eyes sought their way back to where I had been standing merely second ago, only to find the pieces of the wall crumble on top of that very spot.