Eye of the Beholder (Harry Potter)

I rushed to post this one so it isn't edited. You guys can expect my last one shot, of the ones I promised to post before my hiatus, to be up either on the 30th or 1st. It depends on when I manage to finish it. 

Also, I hope you like this one. I know how many of you were waiting for another Harry one. 

Harry's POV

I had shared five years of my school life with the mischievous twin that settled into the seat across from me. And it was those five years that had taught me to be cautious about accepting anything said twin gave me to eat or drink. That was the reason I was eyeing the potions vial he has placed in front of me with distrust. Looking between George and the vial that sat innocuously on the table top, I leaned back in my chair, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Alright, I'll bite." My words made George grin as he took a swig of his butterbeer, "What is it?"

"One of my newest creations," he explained, gesturing to the potion. "Take it before you go to bed and then well – you'll see what it does in your dreams."

"Good try." I pushed the vial back towards him. "I'm not drinking that without you telling me what it does."

"Becoming an auror's changed you," complaining good-naturedly, George shook his head. "It's like a cross between a dreaming potion, a love potion of sorts and some divination mixed in all together."

"That sounds dangerous."

"Doesn't it make you want to try it though?" He grinned, "We all know that you're an adrenaline junky."

My eyes narrowed as I chuckled, "Everyone knows that George, but truthfully – what does it do?"

"It'll help you meet the perfect Mrs Potter." He continued on, ignoring the disbelief written across my face. "Try it – it took almost a year to make perfect, the love potion aspect is meant to rid you of any mental constraints that you have stopping you from seeking her out and the divination part well, you want to know what sort of future you'll have together right? So, how does it sound?"

"I don't know," I said suspiciously, picking up the vial and raising it to my eyes.

"Come along Potter – you're not always going to be young. You need to settle down and make more bespectacled messy haired kids to wreak havoc in the wizarding world."

"I'm only 20," I pointed out.

"And you have no idea how long it'll take to find the woman of your dreams." George drained the last of his butterbeer, "For all you know Potter she could be on the other side of the world."

"And you're sure it'll work." I couldn't curb my suspicion.

"Trust me Potter, I'm 98% sure it'll work –"

"And the other 2%?" Raising an eyebrow, I glanced contemplatively at the potion.

"Well every product has a margin of error." Shrugging innocently, he rose to his feet.

This was all so stupid, I thought as I leaned further away from the potion as if it would make the prospect of finding 'the one' any less tempting. "And why did you choose me to test it out?"

"Because frankly, you've got the biggest case of blue balls I've seen in a while." Putting on his still ridiculous purple suit jacket, he made no comment on the way I flushed completely at his words. "And out of all of my friends, you've always been the one to want a family the most. Isn't that what you're after? Family?"

I didn't answer him because there was no need to, he already knew what I wanted. Lowering my eyes to the potion, I pushed my glasses further up my nose. It still sounded so tempting. But weren't these things supposed to happen on their own? Wasn't there a time where I was destined to meet 'the one'?