8- Family Troubles

Warning: angsty Dipper!

Dipper POV
I slip in the front door hoping not to be noticed, but when I try to sneak past the kitchen Ford, Stan and Mabel are sitting there waiting for me. So much for that plan.
"Dipper, come in here and sit down." Gruncle Stan says sternly. I come in but don't sit down, this feels like a scary situation and I'm not letting my guard down.
"Look Gruncle Stan, Ford, I'm really sorry I didn't tell you sooner but..." I try to defend my case but am interrupted by a raging Ford.
"You better be sorry, that was a really stupid thing to do Dipper. Running off with that psychopath, I'm surprised you made it back alive!" He rants, a cold shiver goes down my spine Bill may be a little crazy but he's no psychopath!
"Ford, just let me explain," I plead, but he won't listen.
"There's nothing to explain Dipper, you did something stupid, end of discussion." My rage builds inside and I try desperately not to let it show.
"We were worried about you Dipper," Stan continues with a calming voice. "We care about you and don't want to see you get hurt." Care about me? Don't want to see me get hurt? Ha, I've been hurt for a long time and you only ever made it worse! My rage is now boiling over and I can't contain it any more.
"Listen," my voice is a little loud "Bill came to me with a problem, he wasn't lying and there was no danger. The problem concerns the both of us and no one else, I knew you would butt in and get in my way. You shoot first and ask questions later with Bill, and he didn't even do anything wrong!" I realize that I'm defending this Dorito, but don't stop "he's not a psychopath, he helped me today and maybe even saved my life. You know you only care about protecting yourselves so don't go pretending like you care!" I rap up my rant with the Gruncles just standing in awe at my outburst.
"Did you pass!?" Asks Mabel suddenly.
"I don't know yet, the counsel will get back to us." I sigh, letting the anger wash away.
"You mean you're gonna have to see that monster again!" Shouts Stan, my anger builds again.
"And there is nothing you can do about it! This is between Bill and I, not you. We're going to figure this out and you are gonna stay out of my way!" I finish my rant and stomp up the stairs where I flop onto my bed. Under my bed I pull out a box containing everything most valuable to me and secret. I take out the candle from my jacket, I had to hide it so Ford wouldn't take it away, and place it in the box. I'm not letting anyone else have this, this is my happiness.

Bill POV
I turn off my TV and sigh, poor Pine Tree. I had just watched the argument between Dipper and his Gruncles pan out. He just defended me, why? It's not like I've ever done anything to help him, all I've done is tried to ruin his life. I guess it wasn't me who screwed everything up in the end though, it was his family and friends. Funny how that all works out.
"Once we get the results this should all be over." I think out loud "but what about PineTree? Life doesn't get better for him, just worse. He'll end up being forced to marry that creep Gideon and probably commit suicide, if he hasn't already done it before the wedding." I sigh, what do I care? It's nothing about me, I hardly even know him very well but it feels like he's my... Friend! I think back to when he said we were sorta friends today, he is my friend! And friends protect and care for other friends right? That's it, these human emotions are making me care about him because he's a friend! I finally figured out some human emotions, but now what?
I need to protect him!

Did Bill really figure out his emotions? He's on the right track!
See you next time 🐿🐿🐿🐿🐌🐗