Chapter 19

We walk back to Sally's room. She seemed to have cheered up. Which I was happy for. I wasn't really sure why though. Why am I so happy seeing Sally happy? Why do I feel sad if she's scared or upset? She's not my sister. She's proxy. Like Jeff and everybody else here! Ugh! Come on [Name]! You need to be friends with someone here! Otherwise they may all try to kill you!! I sigh, shaking my head. I feel a tug my in sleeve. It was Sally, she pointed to a door with a wide smile.
"We're here!" She giggles. Grabbing the handle and turning it, pushing the door open. She runs in and jumps in her bed, giggling. I chuckle to myself, stepping in the room. I go to shut the door but I was stopped by Sally's voice.
"No! Don't shut the door!" She yelled. My eyes widen at her sudden outburst. But I remember what she is, brushing it off, letting go of the handle.
I walk over to her bed and sit in the floor, crossing my legs, looking up at her with a smile.
"So. What do you wanna do!" I ask playfully as she giggled, squeezing her teddy.
"UUMMMMM..." she thought, scrunching her eyes. As she thought of what to do, my mind also wondered. Thinking about everything. I don't know what to do.. I dislike this place. A lot. BEN tried to.. ugh.. Jeff is crazy. Jack is so confusing to understand his personality and behaviour. Sally is nice but she's a child. Who is also ONE OF THEM. Ugh! I don't belong here! I'm not a killer! I don't kill on purpose! After a few moments she looked at me and was about to speak when suddenly something caught her eye. She glanced over to the door. Sally let out an excited squeal as he bounced in her bed.
"SADIE!" She hollered. I turn my head, sliding my body around to see Sadie, standing at the entrance of Sally's room, leaning against the door.
"Hey Sally. What's going on?" She smiled, stepping into the room. I stood to my feet to greet Sadie.
"Oh hey, it's you. Miss No Proxy!" She giggle. Tapping my shoulder.
"Miss.. No, proxy?" I asked in confusion. Tilting my head at her. She just laughed more.
"Yeah! You said you had no proxy name yet. So I decided to call you 'No proxy'!" She giggled even more, flicking hair away from my face.
"It's still a work in progress.. may change it later.." She added, scratching her head.
"So what's up?!" And with that question. Everything took over me. My eyes began to tear up as I was about to cry. Sadie noticed this which caused her to grab my arm and start pulling me away.
"One moment Sally!" She called to Sally. She didn't mind, I hear her faded voice talk to her teddy.

Once Sadie stopped pulling me. We were in the bathroom. She had locked us in to get some privacy. She placed her hands in my shoulders, looking at me with a worried expression.
"What's wrong?" She asked. She's a killer too.. but she's so nice.. I can't push her away!
"Everything. Everything! My entire life is wrong! I'm a mess! My parents abandon me, I get locked away for 10 years in a facility that did nothing but experiment on me! I was finally free but these 'doctors' chased me. I ended up killing one of them! Then I was taken here! I thought I was free but I was yet again taken somewhere new. Only to find out this place is full of killers called proxies! There's even a few monster-ghost things here and there! I have no family! No friends! I'm hated by everyone! I feel so threatened! I'm scared!" As I pour my heart out, I sob more and more until I was crying loudly. I slumped to the floor, with my head in my hands as tears gushed from my eyes down my face.
"Hey..." Sadie spoke with a calm, soft voice. I remove my face from my palms and watch as Sadie crouches down in front of me. Sitting down with  me.
"I know it's been tough for you.. But you don't need to worry. Everyone here has been through a rough time.. Slender is going to help you.. You're not hated. You're just new. Everybody reacts different to new comers. Jeff is the worst. So is BEN.." She places one hand on my right shoulder. The other under my chin, lifting my face as I tried to lower it again . She positioned my head before removing her hand from my chin, wiping away the tears.
"You're not alone.. We're all your family now." She smiled trying to reassure me.
"T-Thanks Sadie.. But I feel like I have no-" Before I could finish, she cuts me off.
"As for friends. I would love to be friends with you. If you'd let me. But of course, I would suggest trying to befriend your roommate. Don't want to share a room with someone who may try to kill you." She chuckles, smiling at me. I chuckle back, sniffing, wiping away more tears with my sleeve.
"Thanks Sadie, I would love that! And as for the roommates.. that's proving to be quite hard.. He is not exactly the type that's easy to be friendly with.." I didn't know how to word it without being rude. But it was true. Jack was so unpredictable. Whenever I tried to be nice, he seemed to snap.
"Great!" She smiled.
"And your roommate is a he? Who are you sharing with?" She asked. She had a worried and scared expression in her face.
I took a few seconds before I spoke up about sharing a room with Jack. I wasn't sure how she would react. But even if she reacted negatively. There's nothing I could do about it.
"Jack.." I mumble under my breath so that it wasn't too loud. Her eyes widen as her expression becomes more scared for my wellbeing.
"You're sharing with Jack?! How are you still alive! I would have thought he would have gutted you by now!" She states, causing my body to tremble. I shake, holding onto my legs.
"H-He said something about Slender ordering him not to.." I add, looking at her. Her face doesn't get any better. She still looks as scared as she did before.
"Yeah but, Jack can be as bad as Jeff sometimes. He's unpredictable! Most of the time he ignores Slender's orders. As I say, he's like Jeff. Stubborn and obnoxious." She hisses trough her teeth. My body shivers, my mouth becomes dry and I feel the hairs on my neck stand on edge.
"So then.. why hasn't he ignored them yet? Why am I still alive?" I ask. Did I really just ask that!! What are you doing [Name]?! You might jinx it! You could die tonight! My body flinches at my own thoughts. But Sadie just shakes her head side to side.
"I don't know [Name].." you can always tell when someone is talking seriously how they use your name in a sentence such as this.
"What should I do?" I tilt my head at her. Hoping she would know the answer to my question.
She paused for a while, thinking of what to say.
"Okay. This may sound stupid. But for the moment. Get a diary."
"A diary? Why?"
"Observe Jack. Watch his behaviour around the other proxies. Try to see what he likes and doesn't like. Then use that to try and be friend him."
"But what if he kills me before I gather enough information? Or what if he sees me writing in it and asks what I'm doing ?!"
"I suggest also using it as a diary. Just incase he does ask. Besides. It's a good way to relieve stress if ever I'm not around for you to talk to...and about the killing thing.. you're just going to have to hope you don't piss him off.."
I sigh deeply with a shuddery breath. Sadie just stands, holding out a hand for me to grab. I take it and she pulls my to my  feet.
She places her hands in my arms for comfort.
"Come on.. Sally's waiting."