Thirteen

Thomas POV

I sing 'candy store' while getting ready. Tonight Alex was making me go to his parent's house for dinner. To make myself seem smarter I slip on my glasses. With a smile I look once more in the mirror. My favorite white shirt with a magenta blazer and black jeans. My hair is puffing everywhere, like normal. For a finishing touch I clip on a magenta bow tie. Alex crutches out of his room and wraps his arms around my waist.

"You look great. I'm sure they will forgive you. If they don't they'll get whacked with a crutch." He laughs while kissing my cheek. He wears something like mine, except his blazer is green and his jeans are a more fitting slate color. He wears a green tie as well with indigo stripes. With a final kiss we go out to the car. Alex almost falls down the steps but quickly regains the lost balance. I get lost in thoughts only the sound of Alex's crutches hitting the ground and soft rain against me face. Wait, rain? Suddenly the steady crutch pulse stops.

"You okay, Thomas? I'm the on who's supposed to be afraid of rain." He says, I look to him. He's already getting in the car and I'm frozen in the rain. When we hear a distant thunderclap he shudders but really doesn't think of it. Gratefully I scurry to the car, grateful he isn't panicking, and hop into the driver's seat.
Alex POV

We silently drive to George and Martha's house and when we get there hurry to get out of the now pouring rain. Thomas pounds on the door for a second before I ring the doorbell. He makes a 'o' shape with his mouth. The door swings open moment later.

"Hello, boys! Come in." Martha says, sweeping her arms to let us in. George growls at Thomas but I move him along. We go into the kitchen and sit at the nice glass table. "Can I get either of you something to drink?" Martha asks with a toothpaste commercial smile.

"Not for me, mom." I tell her.

"Nothing for me either, Mrs. Washington." Thomas says politely nodding. "Mr. Washington this house is very lovely." He adds looking to George. The tall man gets a proud grin.

"Thank you, I built it with my own two hands." George says, proudly showing the scar on his upper arm he got from an accident during the construction.

"Of course, I helped. Back when I was spry." Martha pipes in from the kitchen. "Also, Thomas, I hope you like brisket." She adds poking her head into the dining area.

"From what I've heard, all of your cooking is magnificent." Thomas says making me turn bright red. A few minutes later the frosty haired woman reappears holding a white glass bowl with gold embellishments. She sets it down , revealing finely cooked brisket. Then she disappears into the kitchen again, reemerging with three other matching bowls and a matching plate. The plate has rolls, one bowl has corn, another has mashed potatoes, and the last has mac' and cheese. Martha sits down with us. My father says grace. Thomas practically dives for the mac' and cheese, though George and Martha notice me almost retching when some falls near me. The tall man yelps and cleans up the small mess. I grab brisket, potatoes, corn, and a roll. Quirking an eyebrow ,I watch my boyfriend blush and grab more food.

"Boy can eat!" Martha laughs. George glares at him.

"It's really lovely, Mrs Washington." Thomas mumbles in between bites.

"Well, save some room for desert! Many a person has told me my cherry pies are great." Martha says, lightly bopping George's nose, snapping him from his intense glaring. The man laughs softly and kisses her cheek.

"Actually, I'll go grab the pie. Thomas, come help me get it." George commands.

Thomas POV

I carefully follow George into the kitchen. Nice white cabinets and black marble counters make the room pop.

"I don't know what you think you're doing. Like hell if just because you made a little speech AM I letting you see my son." Washington growls in a hushed tone.

"Sir, I-" he cuts me off.

"Shut your yap, Jefferson. Other people have things to say. If you even come even close to hurting my boy again you'll need to sleep with one eye open." George adds and picks up the pie. "Found it!" He calls into the dining area. Suddenly there is a loud know on the front door. I hear someone open it and loud sobbing.

"An-Angelica. She h-hit me and is on a fl-flight to Europe." Maria's voice says. I run into the entryway to find Maria has collapsed into Alexander's arms and is wailing. "An-and she published th-this." She holds up her phone showing an article entitled 'Slut, Seductress, and Cheater?' By Angelica Schuyler. I growl in rage as Maria continues bawling into Alexander's chest as he struggle to balance on his good foot.

"Shhh. Shhh. It's gonna be okay." Alexander tells her. "Dad, do you have ice cream?" He asks.

"What flavor?" George calls.

"R-red vel-velvet." Maria whimpers. George races in moments later with a pint of red velvet ice cream and a spoon. Eliza and Peggy show up.

"Maria! Are you okay? Angie said you two got in a fight and now she's headed to England." Peggy asks.

"She-she..." Maria begins bawling harder.

"Angelica hit her and published this article on the school news board." I explain showing them the article. They scroll through and gasp.

"Y-you guys d-don't hate me?" Maria asks wiping away the tears.

"No. no. This isn't your fault. I'm so sorry." Peggy hushes her.

"F-for what? I am a ch-cheater." Maria stammers.

"I'm sorry I didn't forgive. What Angelica did, that's unforgivable." Peggy pulls her from Alex's unsteady grasp, wherein he falls into my arms. He laughs at his own clumsiness and grabs his crutches off the ground.

"Gather the troops! It's time to fucking wreck Angelica." Eliza says and pulls out her phone.

Muffliza- We have a code black. Time to wreck a bitch.

LargeBaguette- Who? I'll get some dirt on their back.

Meme Queen- Angelica. Also Maria has our forgiveness.

TailorSpy- Were on our way. Wait, where are you? And send Maria our love!

BabyGirl- Let's GOOOO!

LargeBaguette- Who the fuck is BabyGirl?

Hamilham- sorry, I accidentally put my contact for Thomas and I's chat on this one.

Tjeffs- Lets go wreck a bitch. We're all at GWashingmachines.

"Hey! I can read that young man!" George shouts at me. About .05 seconds later Herc and Laf pull up. Laf, being a very good consoler, runs and hugs Maria.

"Mon cher, do not cry." My cousin

Angelica101- guys you didn't remove me from the group chat.

Muffliza- FUCK OFF ANGELICA!!!