(64) On My Way

Chapter 64- On my way.

    I sat on the couch, a little bare, empty and very much alone.

Married life shows you how alone you actually feel when your other half is not there. Before, it was covered up, you don't even realise because your life hasn't changed so drastically.

But as I sat there, lonely and cold, I realised that my life had changed drastically, even more so than I would have thought possible.

Nearly a year down the line and I've lost the cold hearted mother I had, now she was in another home for treatment. I'm married, I lost my father and I'm pregnant.

I wasn't the young teenage girl I was before, I was growing up and there always came positives and negatives to life. I just so happened to have the right balance so far.

Even so, my heart was still beating out of its chest as I kept replaying the scene in my mind. The situation was just too raw, too soon. I couldn't function whilst my mind was drowning.

I couldn't just sit here, on this couch like nothing had happened. I couldn't sit here and wait for kyle to return. I couldn't just sit here.

I felt bound but I knew I had the power to move. I had to at least do something.

He needed time, but I needed answers.

I got up from my sitting position to quickly grab my phone. I would call a cab, but what's the point when I could call Matt?

The amount of times I've had to use him for something; comfort, his father and also transport...I was beginning to feel guilty, as if I was taking advantage of him.

I didn't want it to be like that, and I knew he wouldn't think anything of it. Matt wasn't perfect, but he was always there for me. Always. More so than I could ever be.

It also just goes to show how many problems arise whilst in marriage.

I called Matt to ask if he could take me somewhere, not going in to too much detail but telling him kyle had gone.

It seemed weird, but I knew where kyle would have left to. He always told me he loved this hotel that was situated down town. He told me he always went there before we got together as a get away. I didn't know why or really what for, I guess I never asked.

I was positive kyle went there, it must have been the only place.

Matt turned up ten minutes later and I dragged my self over to his car. I got in quietly.

Matt didn't even have to greet me as he sped down the road, he knew I wasn't really in the mood for small talk.

I didn't know what I was doing, I was a fool really, but I wasn't always the one to sit there and wait, or watch, or let it hurt me until I hurt no more. I had to sort it out.

Matt already knew where I wanted him to take me. He did so without question.

"You'll be okay, baby girl?" Matt asked as soon as he parked the car in front of the hotel. I nodded my head his way before pecking his cheek as a thank you and getting out of his car.

The hotel was large, made of bricks and glass and was extremely warm and inviting. I had only been there once before.

Matt said his goodbyes before speeding back down the road. He waited until I was inside.

I wasn't really dressed for the occasion, but right now I had more things on my mind, such as my challenging husband. He was going to be the death of me, I swore by it.