24

It has been a week since the accident and Jungkook is still not awake.I spent my new year night here in the hospital,by his side always praying and hoping for him to open his eyes when at that time,we were suppose to spend the New Year together happily,witnessing fireworks in the dark sky but reality hurts.

Day by day,I prayed and have my hopes on him that he will finally wake up and talk to me.Our family members and friends did visit us here and that made me happy to know that we are very lucky to have caring family members and friends around us.

"Jungkook,I bought you your favourite food.You better wake up fast to eat this." I spoke to him and showed him the food that I bought though he can't see it.I lose my appetite and ate just a bit of it.Then,my phone rang.Jimin?

"Is everything okay?" Jimin asked from the other line.

"He's still not awake,Jimin." I answered.

"Alright..what about you.Are you okay?" He asked with concern.

"I'm...Okay." I answered with my husky voice.

"Soyeon,don't lie to me.You are not well."

"No.I'm okay,Jimin.Just a bit of a sore throat."

"I'll be there soon.You should rest at home.Bye." He hung up.I put my phone away and looked at my sick husband.I never expect to see him in this condition after a few days of our wedding.It was my fault for making him drive the car when it was snowing quite heavily that night.I feel useless.

"Jungkook,I'm sorry for everything that had happen to you.I shouldn't ask you to go out when it was snowing heavily that night.I'm really sorry.." my head hung low as tears flowed down my cheeks.I sobbed and took a tissue.He will not like it to see me cry like this because of him.I thought to myself as wiped my tears away.I kept on holding his cold hands in my warm hands then,a miracle happened.

I feel his fingers move in my grip.I lifted my head up and saw him slowly opening his eyes.

"Jungkook?" I called him and he gave me a blank look.I know where this is going.From his response,I know what he's going to say to me next.Other than that,I'm glad that I was the first person he saw after his long sleep.

"Who are you?" He asked me coldly after he took of his oxygen mask.You know this is going to happen,Soyeon.You just have to help him regain back his lost memories.

"Jungkook,I'm your wife.Soyeon." I answered him calmly.

"Wife?When did I get married?" He gave me that annoyed look which breaks me internally.

"Yes,I'm your wife.See." I showed him my ring and his ring on his ring finger.

"We got married a day before you got into the..accident."

"Wait...Wh-what?Ac-accident?" He asked with narrowed eyes.Then,he held his head and looked at me painfully.

"Call the doctor!Ppali!" He shouted as he was still holding his head.I went to his bed side and pressed the emergency button numerous times.The doctor finally showed up with his nurses and went to Jungkook.

"Can you leave the room for a while?" The doctor said to me and I leave without objection.

"I hope he's fine." I clasped my hands together and looked at him through the window of the door.I heard footsteps coming towards me and I turned my head to see Jimin coming over.

"Soyeon,why are you out here?" Jimin came right on time and looked at the window too.

"Is he okay?" He asked referrering to Jungkook.