TWENTY-SEVEN

~Jenna~

We reached the border line when I heard more wolves behind us. I was breathing through my mouth but it was kinda hard. Helmer would slow down but I barked at him. I didn't want him to get caught because of his stupid plan, and not ever see his mate.

I ran closer to Helmer and pushed him with my snout, making him speed up. I ran behind him, snapping at his tail when he would slow down. We are running in the woods now, I'm snapping at his tail on the right so he can start to turn left. We need to go to the opening.

Right when I was turning left I was hit hard on my side, throwing me into the close tree. Helmer was thrown the same. I felt my rib snap, I already knew it's broken. No doubt.

I growled low, but there was a hit of pain in it. One of his men, growled at me. Snapping his snout at me. I whimpered when I tried to rise up, but he growled and pushed me down with his snout. Growling back at me. I snapped mine at him but he stepped back right before I got his front paw.

It looked like Helmer was fine, because he got up and attacked his neck. The wolf in front of me looked over, debating if he should go over. I slowly got up and lunged at his neck. My claws came out, hooking in to his skin while he struggled to shake me off. Every time he would shake I would just clamp harder till he was slowly starting to sway and dropping on his stomach. I pulled back while my paws pushed forward, and took out a good piece of meat out of him.

I pushed off his dead body while I tasted the blood seeping through my fangs. I looked over to Helmer and see him take down the other wolf too. I barked at him and he looked over and I see his tail wag, but stopped. His fur puffed up and he got low. I turned my head over my shoulder, and see Kalmin creeping towards us. He has his men behind him, they're all shifted and they slowly start to surround us. I looked over and see Helmer walking over to my side with a limp.

We stood close together waiting for them to lunge at us. We crouch down puffing our fur out looking at all of their eyes, seeing if they would make any movement. Kalmin walked forward, but me and Helmer growled at him. He growled back and looked over to his men. Probably mind linking them.

They started to walk with him. I took a step back but end up hitting the tree. He shifted, standing in front of me and Helmer. I didn't look there, I just stared at his face.

"Shift. Now!" He growled out. I looked at the corner of my eyes to Helmer and see him snaring at him. I look back and slowly walk towards him. His men growled at me but he stop them by putting up a hand. I stood right in front of him, Helmer was snapping at my tail, but I waged it and slapped his face. I tilt my head and he stares down at me with glowing eyes. I start to shift my shoulders, and I see a smirk come of his face, but that's when I lung. I slash my claw on his thigh and jump up pushing him back. I look over to Helmer and started to run towards where we were heading to.

He was confused but once everyone was out of their moment they finally caught up what happen. Helmer caught up to me as we zigzag through the trees. We ran side by side. He roared and I heard his men trying their best to catch up.

I felt my lips curl up. I looked behind, and saw that they were barely catching up. I saw Kalmin at the end but limping. I smiled to myself and sprinted harder. Helmer pushed himself to keep up with my speed but I would slow down a little.

I saw the opening and barked at Helmer. He looked at me while I looked at him. I saw him smile while I felt my lips grow bigger.