New Faces

I ended up accepting the fact that Eric was never going to show up again. That I'd never see him again.

So, I did what any other normal person would've done; moved on.

Eric left with hopes of me prospering and fulfilling my dreams, therefore I decided to do the only think he asked for. And that was to continue my life, without looking back.

The pain never really left, it sort of just numbed with time.

The days did in fact become bearable, and I began to get used to social interaction with my classmates. Though, I never bothered attending to any of their parties.

Today's drive to school was unusually quick. I had gotten to class a little before it started, giving me time to sit wherever I'd like.

As I got situated in my seat, the minutes passed and the rest of the students swarmed around, fighting for a good seat.

I hadn't noticed someone had taken the one beside me. He had rich chocolate hair that had  sleek feathered streaks which promised elegance. He had strong arched brows and eyelashes so thick, it could be illegal.

Then his eyes, they were deep and catastrophic, a vivid baby blue as a great body of water that softly melted into a milky green. I could see the flecks of silver in his eyes. He had distinct cheekbones and an angular jaw, his fair skin made him look stunningly handsome.

Before I could turn away with shyness, a genuine grin spread across his face once he caught me glancing, melting it from handsome into divine

I gathered myself together, and forced my eyes to look back to the board. I let out a breath I hadn't know I'd been holding.

*

I sat uncomfortably in my seat, too busy drowning in anxiety. Why was I so anxious about this? It was just some guy.

An hour and forty minutes through the lecture, our professor asked the class a question, "What are some of your opinions on the French Revolution? Anyone?"

It was quiet for a moment, everyone rotating their heads, waiting for the first volunteer.

"I'd like to share, sir." a deep, charismatic, husky voice called out from beside me. Everyone's heads snapped to the man, including mine. The voice belonged to what seemed to be the only brave enough man in the class.

"Enlighten me, Parker." Our professor smiled briskly.

The courageous, handsome man had an intriguing aura, a confident posture, and cautious eyes. Mr. Parker stared past the professor, gazing deep into thought, carefully picking out how to start off his opinion.

"The French Revolution formulated the ideology of nationalism that culminates in the ideology of nazism. One of the most prominent crimes Robespierre..." his brilliant perspective began to fade away, and his words soon muted in my brain. I continued to stare, fixedly onto the gorgeous genius beside me, amazed by how assured and poise he was.

I snapped out of my trance once he concluded his articulated speech. Minutes later, class was dismissed and I started to repack my bag.

As I trudged out the the lecture hall, a now recognizable voice asked from behind. "How was the speech?"

I looked up, and nearly got the wind knocked out of me. Containing myself, I nodded answering, "Fantastic. You're great at public speaking."

"Thanks." He chuckled warmly, "You could hear the crickets, before I volunteered."

I nodded, captivated by his wonderful charisma.

I hadn't noticed the silence was growing uncomfortable, I couldn't believe how awkward I was.

He smiled and held his hand out, "I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Noah Parker."

I shook his perfectly sculpted hand, "Danica La-" I froze myself before I could say anything else.

I can't believe I've forgotten I wasn't a Laven anymore. Continuing my cliff hanger, "Sorry, I'm Danica."

A warm smile spread across face, "What a beautiful name."

I stood there frozen on the sidewalk once again. Swallowing hard, I replied, "Thanks."

I was truly terrible at conversing under pressure, something that was once one of my strongest attributes.

"I just came to invite you to a party I'm hosting this weekend. It'd be great to see you there." He grinned innocently.

The invitation caught me by surprise. A party? Me? Was this a prank?

"Sure, that sounds awesome." The words raced out my mouth.

He nodded in assurance, then handed me a card with the details.

I glanced up after taking the card, and he flashed me a melting wink. "Until then. Have a pleasurable night, Danica."

Santiago's POV:

Alessandra had cooked grilled chicken for three, which the delicious smell made my stomach scream.

Danica danced through the front door and to the kitchen, a lot more happier than usual.

"Hey! How'd class go?" Alessandra boasted at her as she flipped the meat in the pan.

I was sipping some wine, sitting at the table. Danica joined me and couldn't help but flush a bright red once she began to contemplate. "Oh, just the usual; dreadful lectures."

Ales and I both noticed her hesitation, and it excited Ales, "Your cheeks are saying otherwise! What happened? I'm all ears!"

My brows automatically pulled together as I folded my arms, waiting for her explanation.

Danica shrugged eagerly, "I got invited to a very smart and attractive guys' party."

Ales scoffed in thrill, as for I, felt the jealously wash through me.

"I'm so happy for you! What's he like?" Alessandra bounced around.

They began to rave about the man, and how "perfect" he seemed. I shut them out of my mind and stormed out the room, not being able to take another minute of Nick, or whatever the boys name was. It made me sick.

I was giving Danica time to recover from the heartbreak, but it seems like she's over it.