T W E N T Y S E V E N

CHAPTER 27

HARRY

I am cold.

Cold with worry, fear, pain... My heart is racing like it never has before, as one of the bodyguards talks over the phone. She left the apartment.

Within seconds, painful shivers creeps out to every corner of my body, as my body tenses and my muscles tensing.

"Harry... Is everything ok?" Yang says, her eyes growing wide by my expression. My teeth grit together as my jaw clenches, when the reality slowly seeps into my skin. She is outside of the apartment, she has no security around her... My heart stops for a second when the overwhelming fear consumes my mind, body and soul.

"Niall Horan," I hear faintly from the phone as I distance it from my ear.

"What?! Say that again!" I shout, getting up from my chair and pressing the phone back to my ear.

"She left with Niall Horan," he says, and my fear soon turns to anger. A swift feeling of relief washes over me, because there is a much smaller chance that Zayn can reach her. Niall is there, and he won't let anything happen to her. But that doesn't mean that blood doesn't rush to my head, with rage coursing through my veins. Didn't he learn his fucking lesson when I beat him senseless? She is mine.

"Claire left the apartment," I sharply spit as I leave Yang's office, hurrying to the stairs and down to the first floor. The crisp New York air blows over me as I run into the parking lot, getting into my car. There are, unsurprisingly, a lot of paparazzi following me today. They have been relentless ever since Claire got abducted.

There is a good 20 minute drive from the police station to the apartment building, and I try to call her countless times, but she must have left her phone in the apartment. My blood boils when I imagine his face, daring enough to visit our apartment, ask her to leave it with him.

I can't lose control, at least not in front of her. Things are worse between us because of the fact that I'm shutting her away from the world. She would hate it if I got this angry because she left the apartment. I'm going to act calm.

Or at least I'm gonna try.

•

CLAIRE

"I... think I have to go," I say, looking down at the text.

"O- oh, I'm sorry, did I do something wrong?" Niall asks cautiously, as his brows middle-raise.

"No! No, it has nothing to do with you, It's just... Harry didn't really want me to leave the apartment, and now he's on his way home to the flat," I say, gathering my things. I put on my jacket, and shove my phone into the small purse I brought along, and stand up.