Chapter 35

WARNING: it gets pretty steamy near the end of the chapter

                   **************
15 years old, what could go wrong? I thought to myself as I blew the candles out. Around me, my family and my friends clapped.

"What did you wish for?" My mom asked me as she picked up the knife and handed it to me so I could cut the cake.

I gripped the handle and stared at the white cake with writing in blue icing, that read "Happy Birthday Adelaide!"  I sighed.

My brother back.

To see Peter again.

To escape lying to everyone about my happiness.

But I would never tell them that, especially when they don't know who Peter even is.

"Nothing much," I sighed, starting to cut the cake. My mom just looked at me with a sad expression, and my dad just rubbed her back sadly, and watched as the knife cut through the words on the cake.

Claire took in a deep breath and then broke the awkward silence.

"I bet Addie wished for a boyfriend!" She smirked as my jaw dropped, and I looked at the other guests.

Sitting around the table was my 4 best friends. I mean, me and Claire are practically sisters so she doesn't count in that group, but she was obviously there as well. There was 3 boys and a girl, plus me and Claire, six of us in total.

The girl's name was Isabella, and she had long black hair and tanned skin- and she was taller than me (although that's not saying much). She was extremely nice, and like Claire was constantly talking to me about boys and dresses. I guess the coolest thing that made her unique was that her taste in music was so different compared to the rest of the group. She only ever listened to really heavy trap, or really 'bad' music, where the radio edits were just a mass of blurred out words. Yet, she was probably the girliest out of us three.

Then there was David. David was, like all the boys in our group, attractive. But David was also extremely immature. Whenever he had to do a presentation, he would literally hide somewhere in the classroom, and then bribe anyone who found him into keeping his position a secret. As everyone else on this planet was, David was taller than me. He had light brown, soft hair that wasn't really in a quiff- but kind of was. He really liked to make jokes, and he was probably the most like a best friend between the boys.

Then there was Ryan. He was also a goofball, but he was more like a brother. He was also a hard worker. He saved up $500 by himself, just so he could take his brother on a trip to visit his half cousin. I think his motivation was her telling him that all the girls at her school thought he was hot, and wanted all his information. But she's technically a year older than him. Ryan played both baseball and soccer, but he never really got the chance to play, since his team was.. a lot better than him. Ryan had blonde hair. It was that shade of blonde that was really light- and seemed like it was bleached, but also looked natural. He was also pretty skinny- but not overly skinny.

And finally, Tyler. Tyler and me had a... different relationship. Claire and Isabella would always tell me that he liked me, and try to convince me that I liked him. But I honestly don't know what to think. He was tall, had dark, chocolatey brown hair in a quiff, and HOLY was he ho- decently attractive. He was on the school's rowing team, which meant he had a LOT of muscles. I kid you not he's my favourite part about going to the beach.