Chapter 14 - Dark side

Sophia 's P.O.V.

I could not move my legs. It was like my legs froze. Xander threw my ID card on the floor. He stood up and started to read a file. The file was about me. Everything about me was in the file, from the schools to the places I went, and about my friends. He threw at my face a few photos from the file. The photos fell down. When I looked at the photos, I saw that my photos had been taken in different places.

"…I can explain everything, Xander."

He laughed with a mocking smile. "What will you explain? How you made fun of me because I did not want to marry and you felt offended. You started to work as my assistant in my holding to make me fall in love with you. How pathetic?!"

"Don’t be ridiculous."

"Don’t be ridiculous? Am I ridiculous?!"

"Xander, please let me explain everything. Just listen to me. My dad told me that Uncle John told him that he wanted us to get married. My dad said he opened up to that. He wanted me to meet you. I said I didn’t want to get married to you. I didn’t even want to think about it because I wanted to marry someone who I fell in love with. I didn’t even want to meet you because what I had heard about you…but when my father insisted, this idea came to my mind. I was going to work with you for a few days, and then I would get rid of this job by telling them I didn’t like you."

Xander mocked, raising his eyebrow. He approached me and smirked at me, "You didn’t seem like you didn’t want me when you screamed my name under me." I got angry. I slapped him. He was mad. He grabbed my wrist too tightly. "Don’t you dare slap me again or you'll regret it."

He pushed me back hard. I fell onto the couch. I held my wrist. It was hurting. My eyes filled with tears. But I would not cry in front of him so I continued, "When I met you, you had something that attracted me. It felt weird. It was like I had known you for years. Later I realized that you were not the man that people said you were. When I got to know you better, I fell in love with you. Yesterday I was going to tell you that I was Sophia, not Arianna. I was going to tell you everything. But you had been sad since the morning. So, I couldn’t tell you."

"Do you think I'll believe your lies? I look like an idiot from there. I trusted you. I trusted you in spite of my past. But I shouldn’t have trusted anyone. You and my parents were fooling me. Were you laughing at my back, too? TELL ME!"

"Xander…" he interrupted me.

"Shut up! I do not want to hear you. Did you plan to go to the hotel, too? Did you plan it to get in my bed? I have to confess; the one room reservation was wise."

"What are you talking about? How could you think of me like that? Do you not know me?"

"It seems I don’t know you, Ms. Reynolds."

"Last night it was revenge because I lied to you, right? Because of that, you hurt me? Is it…" he interrupted me again.

"Just to remind you of me every time I'm not there." He ran his finger on my cheek and murmured. "When you walk, when you look in the mirror, you will remember our passionate nights."

He kissed my neck where he left a hickey last night. I pulled back and said, "Don’t touch me. You really are a bad person. I was wrong to think that you are a good person."

He sat on the couch, laughing in a mocking smile. "Am I a bad person? I fell in love with you like I have never fallen in love with any woman in my life. I have never loved a woman so much in my life…not even Lily. But you paid me the price of my idiotism very well. But you will not get rid of me like that so easily. Now go! Put on your clothes and get out of my house! I do not want to see you, Sophia." He said emphasizing my name, Sophia.

He gave me a look of pure hate. It was like it wasn’t even him who was looking at me, at least not the person I loved. There was no point in talking. I went upstairs. My legs were trembling. I felt so bad. I walked into the bedroom and closed the door behind me. I couldn’t hold my tears back anymore. I sat down on my knees in front of the door, crying. 

After a few minutes later, I got up and picked up my clothes on the floor. I put my clothes on. I went to the bathroom to wash my face. I realized that I looked awful as I faced the mirror. Suddenly, I felt sick and rushed to the toilet. I vomited and washed my face. When I looked at myself in the mirror again, my face was pale.

I went down and took my bag and my ID card without looking at Xander. I left the house. 

Xander's P.O.V.

Her face was pale when she came back down. I was worried…but I couldn’t ask her anything. I just watched her leave. I grabbed my phone and called Amelia, "Book me a flight to Rome today." I hung up my phone.