Chapter Twenty-six

Morning had come around and Marcus had made arrangements with a personal dress maker, hair stylist and makeup artist.

Today was going to be a busy day in preparation for the ball. I huffed.

I was nervous, I wasn't sure if I would fit in. Marcus had explained everything last night, from what the ball was for, to who had organised it and who will be attending.

He was very polite, we stayed up for quite sometime last night, talking about the ball and life over a couple of boxes of pizzas. We had come to the conclusion that we had quite alot in common.

Now here I am stressing over the little things. I didnt know a thing about fundraisers. What if his parents don't approve of our friendship? What if the people relise I wasn't a lady of wealth?

I put all thoughts aside as I began to scrub, shave and moisturize my body.

I didn't have long before the stylists came barreling through the suite door. Brainwashing and completely leaving me out of all their plans.

Two of the ladies had left while the dressmaker went to work with her design.

"Hello, my name is Greta. You have left this at such short notice, miss" the dressmaker smiled nervously.

"Yes sorry Greta, I was only told yesterday"

"Typical Marcus" she giggled whilst taking my measurements.

Thankfully Greta had thought of a design that would compliment my curves and tanned skin. A yellow, backless, floor length dress made from silk and stones. She had just designed it last week, so all she had to do today was make alterations.

Greta had left the apartment and was on her way to fix the dress for tonights event.

On cue, the hair stylist was back and flicking through hair dos. I had no idea what I was looking at, I hadn't had my hair done professional, not even for my own prom.

"I'll leave it to you lisa, this is a picture of the dress I will be wearing tonight"

A smile stretched across her face. "You are just too easy!" She squeaked in delight.

Aparently it was an absolute compliment to let the hair stylist do her own thing and I had full faith in her.

Lisa had begun teasing my hair, hairspray swamped the room and bobby pins had prodded in all sorts of areas. She had covered the mirror and demanded that I didnt spoil the surprise until I was dressed and my hair and makeup was completely done,

The dressmaker had arrived back to the suite within a couple of hours, along with the makeup artist, Toni.

We had two hours before Marcus was due back to escort me to the ball.

Toni didnt waste anytime setting her large suitcase down and choosing the appropriate products. What looked like a million products, was then placed onto the dressing table.

"Your skin is perfect Kylie, an absolute dream!" She cheered as she began dabbing liquid onto my face.

My neck grew stiff as Toni spent the past hour or so perfecting my makeup.

I definitely was not used to spending this much time being pampered.

The ladies had finished their work and all I had to do was slip on my dress and stilettos.

I made my way into the bathroom and began undressing myself. The ladies had rushed in beforehand to cover the mirror and I had to make an oath not to peak.

I left the bathroom and made my way into the kitchen for a quick refreshment and was surprised to find multiple bottles of Bollinger Champagne. I made a quick call to Marcus before taking a bottle and four glasses back to the beauty room.

"Champagne anyone?" I winked.

Everyones jaw hit the ground. Were they that surprised I had champagne?

"Is something wrong?" I asked confused, pouring the four glasses.

They all shared a look inbetween themselves as I handed them a glass of champagne each.

"Cheers" I spoke, raising my glass in anticipation.

"Cheers" They repeated in unison.

"You really don't have any idea, do you?" Toni whispered, gesturing to my body.

Before I could answer, Marcus had walked into the room and greeted all three women. When his eyes landed on me, they almost popped out of their sockets as he grew silent.

"What is it guys? What is with the awkwardness" i asked, looking around the room in question.

They're really starting to freak me out. Is something on my face?

"You look beautiful. So goddamn beautiful" Marcus whispered, eyeing me over.

My cheeks started to burn up from the intensity of his stare.

He closed the gap between us as he raised my hand. "May I?" He questioned, lips centimeters from the back of my hand.

I nodded in agreement as his soft lips connected and sent shivers down my spine.

"I'm so glad it's you, Ky, that will be attending the ball with me tonight".

I heard the women gushing behind me, as my cheeks grew even redder.

If that was even possible.

"Thankyou" I replied in return.

"I'll see you at the door Ky, I'll give you a few minutes to finish your drinks with the ladies". He bowed, making his way out of the room.

"Thankyou so much Greta, Toni and Lisa. I feel beautiful"

"You are beautiful, Ky. A beautiful personality to match". Greta replied.

We clinked glasses and swallowed our drinks.

I had wrapped my arms around the three ladies, gave my farewells and made my way towards the front entrance.

"Cya ladies, thankyou again" I yelled out before closing the door.