Chapter Thirty-one

"Oh my goodness -- earthquake!" I shouted at the top of my lungs.

My bed was shaking. I jumped off the bed, ready to take cover from what I assumed was  the real deal.

I opened my eyes to the sound of giggling.

Giggling?

I looked around the room, blinking the sleep away, wondering why anyone in their right mind would be laughing in a situation like this.

I came to face my three siblings rolling onto the floor in fits of laughter. I come to relise that their wasn't any signs of an earthquake though infact a very energetic lot of children.

"Aaarrggghhhh, you three will pay!"

"Kylie, you never dissappoint -- I swear we get you everytime". Josh, the oldest of all, spoke inbetween laughter.

"I will strangle you, Josh -- whos smart plan was this?" I looked inbetween my siblings.

Both Melody and Hunter instantly betrayed Josh.

"You are dead!" I screamed, lunging for him.

He quickly dodged my action and sprinted out the door.

"Get back here, you -- twerp!"

We raced down the hallway and through the kitchen when my steps came to a halt.

"Sarah!"

In the kitchen stood my parents and a smug looking best friend.

"Hi Kylie, just popped in to see how you are"

"Yes I'm good" I gave a big smile.

"I can see that now -- get dressed, I have the day off and I'm spending it with you". She demanded.

I raced off and into my bedroom and was surprised to hear my phone blare to life.

"Marcus?" I whispered into the phone.

"Goodmorning beautiful, how was your sleep?"

"It was good -- a abit of a destressful awakening, thanks to my siblings but otherwise good, how about you?"

"I'm surprised you slept at all, you've been running through my mind all night"

I giggled, not surprised by his pick up line.

"What's on the agenda today? He questioned.

"Well -- Sarah just popped in and now I'm meant to be getting dressed for a day out"

"Oh good, I asked her to take the day off and spend time with you".

I was surprised this was all his doing. "Thankyou Marcus, I really appreciate it"

"I best get back to work though I will see you tomorrow morning Ky -- if you're ready to come back?"

"Ye-yes I'll be there"

"Have a great day, see you then"

"Bye Marcus" I whispered.

I hung up the phone and jumped when a familiar voice killed my daze.

"Well, well -- we have a lot to catch up on Ky" Sarah smirked.

I giggled and brushed her away, busying myself with my clothes.

"You can ignore me now, though you will be spilling the beans on Mr Hotshot some time today" she winked.

I nodded my head and made my way to the door, ready for today's adventures.