Chapter Thirty-two

Back to work. I was anxious to see what today would bring. Last time I was at work, I had walked off in tears.

I arrived at McNelly Enterprises 15 minutes prior to my shift. As I walked through the double doors, all eyes turned to me as people had hushed conversations. I had a feeling I was centre of their conversations. I'm not sure why, though I'm positive I'll find out by the end of the day.

I wasn't surprised to find the front desk giving me evil stares. I put my head town and rushed to the elevators. An arm wrapped around my forearm and hastily turned me around. I came face to face with Shelly.

Great, what could she possibly want now?

"Kylie" she spat out. "News travels, you are dating Marcus?"

"Once again, a bit personal Shelly" I replied, trying to free my arm.

"I don't know what he sees in you" she paused, eyeing me down. "By the looks of you -- you don't come from wealth and you aren't that attractive. To be completely honest with you -- you're boring as hell".

"Let go of my arm Shelly" I warned.

"Does the truth hurt sweetie?"

"Enough!" A male voice demanded from behind. We both looked over to find Marcus no more than two feet away.

Shelly immediately dropped my arm and cowered.

"I'm sorr--" She began to speak before being cut off.

"Pack your belongings, you no longer work here"

"B-but--"

"Stop talking, you're fired"

The commotion had brought the attention of everyone in the lobby.

"Make that a warning to all employees, disrespect any of your colleagues and it's an instant dismissal" he shouted to everyone in the vicinity.

Shelly slouched her shoulders in defeat and receded back to her quarters though not before sending me her signature glare.

"Kylie -- come" he directed to the elevator.

I followed on cue as the doors opened. All employees making their way to bottom floor jumped out as we stepped in.

A blush started to rise to my cheeks as I analysed our situation. Alone in a quiet elevator, mere millimeters apart.

"Kylie" he whispered, sending a shiver down my spine.

"Marcus" I whispered back, not daring to look up into his eyes.

His large hands cupped my face to turn his direction. My body started to betray me as I closed the distant between us.

I leaned in as our lips connected, once again setting sparks off. I melted into the kiss, kissing him back with hunger. His tongue darted into my mouth as our tongues twined in a fight for dominance. I gripped his hair as he slammed me against the elevator wall.

My core throbbing, I needed more.

Marcus lift me up by my backside, as I wrapped my legs around his mid section. Our movements causing friction between our legs. I let out a moan as Marcus picked up the pace, grinding and placing kisses down my neck.

I felt like I was on Cloud 9, ready to unravel when a Ding resonated throughout the elevator. Marcus quickly dropped me to my feet before the elevator doors swung open.

Luckily enough, just in time as Marie awaited expectantly by the doors.

"G-goodmorning Kylie and Marcus" she giggled to herself.