Chapter Thirty-three

Marcus's POV

The meeting had come to an end and I was dying to see Kylie again. I checked my phone and was disappointed that i hadn't heard from her.

What are you doing to me Ky? I couldn't keep her off my mind.

I shrugged off my thoughts and made my way to the penthouse.

I stripped off my suit and dressed into a simple white, V neck shirt and dark wash jeans.

I grabbed the flowers ordered earlier and made my way through the building and out to the Montgomery residence.

I approached the front door, eager to see my girl again. Placing a couple of small knocks on the door, I was surprised when the front door instantly swung open.

"Marcus" she whispered.

My breath caught. Kylie looked mesmerizing, even in a simple white sun dress. Her hair hung down in natural waves down her back, her eyes and smile lighting up the gloomy night.

Shaking my head, "Kylie" I replied, placing a small kiss on the back of her hand and leading her out to the car.

We made our way down the street and back to the suite.

Kylie looked towards me in question.

"We are going above the suite -- follow me"

She smiled before entwining our hands and making our way up the elevator.

I unlocked the suite door and gestured for Kylie to enter first. "Follow the hallway until the end, we will be walking through the last door".

I watched as Kylie opened the door and analysed her surroundings.

"I-it's beautiful Marcus" she whispered.

The roof top was lit up with multiple fairy lights, surrounding a table for two as light music filled the air. A waiter stood by the side, ready to serve us throughout the night.

"I'm glad you like it -- I wanted to try something special, instead of a fancy restaurant.. although I hope you wouldn't prefer that instea--".

Kylie placed a small kiss on my lips to hush my rambling.

"I love it Marcus, no one has done anything remotely close to this -- it's absolutely breath taking".

We walked hand in hand as we closed in on our table.

"Can I offer you both a drink?" The waiter asked once seated.

"I will have a scotch on the rocks -- my lady here would like.."

"Any wine would be fine thankyou"

Once our drinks had arrived and meals had been ordered, I kicked off the conversation wanting to learn more about Kylie.

"So you aren't the typical salad eater, tell me more about yourself". I giggled surprised she had ordered a rump steak with a side of chips and veg.

"Well -- I'm not all that interesting. I managed to complete secondary school and I haven't gone back to study since, which you are all too aware of. I've dated one boy who turned out to be a lunatic. I have three siblings, happily married parents and a great relationship with them all. I have an awesome paying job, I work for a romantic millionaire, believe it or not, so I cant complain one bit. How about you, Mr McNelly?" She smirked cheekily.

My turn.

Well -- Miss Montgomery, I studied for most of my life, took over the family business as only child to the company. As you would have figured by now, my relationship with my parents has been a bit rocky, though I'm sure thats on the mend. Here I am wining and dining with the most beautiful woman around and hoping she would say yes to being my girl?" I finished off, desperate to call her mine officially.

"Y-yes Marcus, I would love to"

I let out the breath I was holding and placed a large kiss onto my 'girlfriends' lips.

"All mine" I pulled away and whispered into her ear.