Chapter 21

Hey readers,

Here’s the nest chapter so read and enjoy. Thanks for all those of you who vote and comment since I love the support. You guys are amazing.

Lots of Love

XXX

Chapter 21

Adrian’s Pov

After we had both finished eating we had made ourselves comfy in my room, both of us snuggled up together on my bed and I couldn’t help but find that I had never been happier. Just having her in my arms, so close to me was enough for my wolf to settle down completely which effectively let me relax. I loved it.

Currently Holly seemed to be in her own little world as she stared at the television on the opposite wall facing my bed, her small body leaning against me as my paperwork was spread out on the sheets. Unfortunately, however much I wanted to I couldn’t afford to let my alpha duties drop, but I found having my mate here helped prevent me from becoming stressed like I usually did when I sorted out this sort of thing. Yet another perk to add to the list.  

With a smile constantly on my face I flickered through the number of papers as my eyes scanned them over before I made slight changes when needed, my mate giggling at the comedy I had put on as I did so. She seemed entranced by it, her eyes never leaving the screen as she crossed her legs in front of her as she stared at the screen animatedly.

“Good I take it?” I asked her with a cheesy grin, having to give her shoulder a slight bump with my own to gain her attention.

“Hum?” was the reply I got, the fact she seemed so comfortable around me making me grin.

“I asked if it was good” I repeated for her benefit, not being able to help the chuckle as it fell from my lips as I shot her a wink when she looked at me. The result was a bright blush appearing on her cheeks, it only making her look even more adorable as I found myself shifting slightly to get closer to her before I realised what I was doing.

“Yea, it’s alright” was her mumbled reply, chewing on her bottom lip as she had me yet again entranced. If I didn’t know that it was obvious that my mate wasn’t doing it on purpose I would have called her a tease, but I knew my mate was far too innocent in that aspect to be one.

“How would you feel about meeting my pack?” I asked her after a few minutes, wincing when I took note of her form tensing as she tried to look anywhere but at me. I knew it was a lot to ask of her, but my pack would never even think of hurting her or making her feel uncomfortable in any way; they knew that if they did then there would be extremely harsh consequences.

When I didn’t get a reply I dropped the pile of documents that had previously been in my hand as I turned my sole attention on her, taking note that while her eyes were staring at the screen in front of her it was clear that the comedy had been forgotten about. To be honest she looked as if she was in deep thought.

“Holly?” I said softly, regretting my decision to bring it up but not taking it back just yet. If it really did start to upset her then I would stop pushing, but I had my fingers crossed that she would be alright with it as long as I never removed myself from her side.

“I’m sorry” was all she said, her tone soft as she didn’t look at me.

It was then I took note that her form was shaking, my wolf whimpering in displeasure as I took note of her holding her hands tightly together in her lap as she tried to calm down her shaking. I frowned, quickly but cautiously wrapping my arms around her as I did so. Feeling that she wasn’t going to pull or flinch away from me I tugged her into my lap, loving the contact but hating the fact I had clearly asked too much from her.