Chapter 14 - You Make Me Sick. Literally.

this chapter is dedicated to ashybaby16! welll.... because... she commented! so comment and the next chapter might be dedicated to you! (and i dont select the person... random.org selects them so it s like 100% random? ^_^

This chapter isn't proofread.... they never are so yeah. i hope you like this chapter!

*****************************

A rising growl from the distant sky was heard through the windows behind me. I jumped at the noise. That sound was unmistakable. I let out a whimper. I've always hated thunder.

"Are you alright, Laurel?" Harry turned to me. 

"Yeah…" I said, sounding uncertain of my own answer. "Yeah, um, I'm- I'm alright. Why do you ask?" What would he say if he knew that a seventeen year old was afraid of the sound of thunder and lightning? I've always felt hatred towards thunderstorms

 A large crack echoed across the room as the Lightning returned the thunder's call. I jumped up, once again. Oh aren't I good at hiding my fears?

"You know, it's okay to be terrified of thunderstorms. There's no need to hide the fact that you're as frightened as a child in a cemetery at night because of thunderstorms." He smirked at me. Oh, how I hate that smirk. 

The room lit up a brilliant white color, as the lighting descended and ascended once again. Luckily I did not jump this time, but instead, whimpered slightly.

"Wow, well look who knows their metaphors. Good job Harry." I flashed him a fake toothy smiles with both my thumbs up. "And who said I'm scared? Apffttt." I shrugged. Boy do I suck at acting.

Chuckling, he walked towards me. But not before he returned the smile, walking to a book of his on his bedside table. "101 Amazing Metaphors." Oh, wow. 

His green eyes bore into mine, probably just seeing fear… and… Yeah, fear. I'm not really sure why I'm afraid of storms. Was it because a traumatic event? Something in my childhood that I had forgotten? What could possibly be the reason? Or does there have to be one?

"Please, Laurel, I can see that in your eyes, you're as afraid as a cow in a slaughter house." He winked and smirked at me, once again. Can I just like slap that smirk from his face?

"Well Harry, I'm pretty sure if I'm as terrified as you say I am, I'd be pissing myself like spare waterfalls." I smirked at him. Well wasn't this a fun game of who-can-come-up-with-the-lamest-metaphors. I put my hands on his chest, and pushed him away from in front of me, giving me some way to go to the bathroom.

Walking into the bathroom, I sneaked a quick glance at Harry, who was now pulling his shirt over his head. Damn it. Even though I may dislike him, that doesn't mean that I couldn't say that he was good looking, right? Because he definitely was.

An hour and a half later, I was lying on the bed, unable to sleep due to the continuous storm outside. Luckily, the curtains were closed, thus blocking me from seeing the streaks of lightning in the sky. But unfortunately, I could still hear the growls of thunder. After another 10 minutes of tossing and turning, I turned to Harry, who unlike me, was sleeping peacefully.

"Harry… I'm scared." I shook him a bit, trying to get him to wake up.

"Mmm?" He muttered sleepily, opening one eye.

"I said… I said that I'm scared." I admitted, looking away, trying to avoid his look.

"Come 'ere." He patted the spot next to him.

Um… no? "What? No!" 

"Just come here, unless you don't want to fall asleep? I won't bite you or anything." He mumbled again.