0034

His shoes crunched the snow beneath his feet, kicking up small piles as he rushed away from Harbucks. His chest felt tight as he made his escape. He left Craig sitting there, left him to silently watch as Tweek practically jumped from his seat as though it was on fire, before he raced to the door with a swift exit.

Tweek was on the verge of having a panic attack, and all he could think to do was to charge to Token's house, not even texting or calling first due to his trembling fingers. He didn't trust himself to be able to keep ahold of his phone, knowing him, he'd drop it in the snow and ruin it. His mind was racing. Craig's words were repeating over and over again.

Was this really it? Was this the end of their friendship? If Tweek had known this would've been the outcome, he would've kept his secret to himself, even if it did torment him for the rest of his life.

He didn't want to lose Craig, but he was.

He was frozen by the time he'd made it to Token's house. His fingers were painfully numb, moving stiffly as he knocked on the door, only for it to be answered by Token's mom. The woman smiled at Tweek when she realised it was him. It was nothing unusual for him to randomly show up at her house, since he'd being doing it since he was only ten years old.

"Hello, Tweek." Her soothing voice spoke as she opened the door wider. "Token's up in his room."

Tweek forced himself to smiled as he stepped in past her, hesitantly looking to the stairs as she closed the door behind him. "Hey, Mrs. Black."

"Head on up. Would you like a drink?"

"No thanks." He answered, watching as she disappeared into the kitchen. His attention returned to the carpeted stairs, before he quietly ascending them. He paused when he reached the top, looking down the hall, to the left where Token's room was. A warn out toxic sticker decorated his door, with the edges curling in over the years.

As he walked over, he debated what he'd tell Token. He couldn't exactly come to him for help and not tell him why. He knocked, and Token quickly called from the other side, telling him to come in, so he did.

Token looked up from his laptop to stare at Tweek. His small smile shortly being replaced with a worried expression when he noticed something was wrong. He closed his laptop, shuffling to the edge of his bed as he patted the space beside him for Tweek to come over. "You okay?"

Tweek sighed, closing Token's bedroom door, before throwing himself down on the bed. His back pressed against the mattress as he stared up at the ceiling. "I don't think so." He replied, unsurely.

"What's bugging you?"

"I need to tell you something," Tweek said, his voice low, almost non existent as he raked his fingers through his hair. "A lot, actually."

Token nodded before even realising Tweek wasn't looking at him. He moved around on his bed so that his legs crossed at the end, facing the blonde laying across the middle. "I'm all ears."

As Tweek's eyes followed the walls around the room, he thought about what he was going to say. He knew now was the time to tell Token everything, but he wanted to phrase it in a way that wouldn't stun his friend. He wanted to say it in a way that eased Token into this messy situation, without leading him to think Tweek was some kind of weirdo.

Then again, he was never one for words and as he quickly blurted out his sentence, he covered his face with his arm. "I'm gay, and I like Craig." His eyes squeezed tightly shut behind his arm, with his body tense as Token processed this information.

"Wait what?" Token spluttered. "I understand the gay part, but for Craig? Craig's an asshole."

Tweek peered out from his cover, not fully removing his arm as he looked to Token. "What do you mean you understand the gay part?" He exclaimed, baffled at the insinuation.

"I don't know, I just kind of figured after you shut down every chick I sent your way." Token shrugged. "Is this why you and Craig aren't talking? You didn't try anything on him, right?"

"Jesus Christ! No, I didn't try anything on him." Tweek scowled. "I told him, and he flipped out."

Token nodded thoughtfully. "What did he say?"

"He doesn't know if we can be friends anymore."

"Always one for the dramatics." Token rolled his eyes as he leaned back on his elbows.

"I think you're talking about Clyde. He just made a scene at Harbucks. He's angry at us for not telling him what's going on."

"So you came to tell me, and not him?"

"Like I said, he's pissed off. He'd probably choke me if I went to see him." Tweek sighed. He frowned at the ceiling again, with his eyes trained on a certain discoloured patch in the corner. "I just needed to talk to you. I don't know what I'm supposed to do."

"Maybe Craig just needs some time."

"I've gave him nothing but time."

"So maybe he needs the opposite of time." Token suggested.

Tweek raised a skeptical eyebrow. "And that would be?"

"I don't know. Show up at his house and demand he talks to you? You're his best friend. He's not gonna block you out forever, you're the only one who actually tolerates his shit."

Tweek sat up. His arm had gone numb from where he'd been laying on it for so long, so as he rubbed the life back into it, he looked to Token. He was strangely relieved after admitting everything to him. Technically not everything, but the main thing that had been bothering him, and who knows, with Token around, maybe Tweek could get over Craig, and hopefully rekindle their friendship. It was unlikely, but it was still a possibility.

So as he stared off into the bedroom, sitting up on the edge of the cotton sheets, his thoughts drifted to his other angry friend. The one who'd done nothing but be a supportive friend over the years. The sensitive goof ball of the group, who could do no harm. Tweek breathed in, turning to find Token watching him closely, almost as though he already knew what Tweek was going to say.

"I should probably tell Clyde, right?"

Token half nodded, his eyes locked with Tweek's as he spoke. "He's been worrying about you and Craig all week. The Harbucks thing was my idea. He wasn't supposed to go off on one, though. He's just concerned is all, you know how he is."

And Tweek did know. His thoughts wandered back to the day they walked home together, remembering the hurt expression on Clyde's face when he declined his help, and that's all Clyde ever wanted to do, to help.