Hatake Kakashi: Fascination: Part XXXVIII

--                                                                         

|| [Hatake] : Fascination : [Kakashi] || [Part XXXVIII] ||

--            

She forced herself to her feet, still clinging to the tree branch as she directed a shaky hand into her pouch, reaching for her fan; her legs shook underneath her from how it seemed all of her energy had been sapped.  She forced her mind to focus, calm down! Focus your chakra…focus!

She tried to direct her chakra to her hands and feet, placing her fan between her teeth and climbed up the tree; she made it to the first branch just as her opponent appeared, she took hold of her fan and channelled her chakra. 

The ‘tank’, however was not a poor shinobi, he managed to dodge the blade of energy and aimed a punch square at the trunk of the tree, which spilt the wood easily, Oriko had to force her body to move to leapt out of the tree and into the next one while trying to get up high enough where he couldn’t see her, and that she would have enough time to think. 

She paused, her breath still catching in her throat, as she took a moment to focus her chakra as she waited silently for him to come into view before she threw another blade of chakra at him; but he was as silent as she, only just hearing the rustle of leaves above her she span around whilst flicking her wrist sending the blade directly at him. 

However, to her surprise, he held out his hands, the palms of which seemed to be covered by flames and as the blade made contact, the flames suddenly flared up and absorbed the chakra. 

“What?” Oriko twisted herself out of the way as she leapt to the ground and turned back to face him, so he’s fire natured, eh? Still not the worst case scenario!

She dug into her pouch and dragged out  two kunai one with a kibakufuda and another with a fake tag attached, she waited to see what is next move would be before hurling the fake kibakufuda first, forcing him to dodge as she threw the second. 

It hit the mark, but Oriko didn’t wait to find out if he was in any worse shape, she created two kage bunshin and sent them in as she darted off to the side, to observe for a moment or two before leaping in with another attack.

The first kage bunshin leapt through the smoke throwing a shuriken ahead of itself, as the other threw it out of the way, taking the brunt of the reaction as a strong Goukakkyuu blasted the clone out of existence; the second bunshin threw a sebon needle, in time with the original. 

The former throwing one with a bell attached and the latter without, both keeping a grip on the needle – but the bunshin with wire and the original with a chakra thread; the man easily dodged the first and made a grab for it but was struck through the wrist with the second,

“Ha, you think such puny methods will work against me? You underestimate your opponent!” He cried, as she began forming hand seals, Oriko too began to gather her chakra to form her playing card and inserted the fire chakra too, shit this is going to be one hell of a gamble… seriously I hope Kakashi’s faring better than I!

She waited for a moment, preparing to leap out and attack him with it as she could see he’d finished the hand seals a split second before she was ready, just as she tensed her legs, a sudden ghastly scream – one Oriko didn’t recognize – arose and attracted her enemy’s attention and she leapt in. 

Unfortunately her speed was a little slower than his and as she flew forwards, her hard outstretched, she could see his counter, a heavy fist.  She knew it would connect with her before her Jutsu connected with him, and forced more chakra into her card, expanding it at a faster rate than either of them were moving; she lowered her head as the card expanded rapidly.