Scream

AN: Gather around little bunnies, it's time for the slaughter

Ceri

The hit I delivered with all my might only managed to throw her head backward. Everything else remained the same. She didn't fall or even let go of my arm. If anything, she gripped me harder. She straightened herself, her free hand touching her left cheekbone where an angry cut was oozing red, surrounded by a darkening bruise.

The look she gave me then was one like I've never seen before. And what she did next, frightened me to the core of my soul.

She let go of my arm, making me stumble. I held my own hand to ease the pain that pulsed into my knuckles, while still watching her with horrified anticipation.

She licked the blood off her finger and smirked evilly.

She was no longer the woman that used to bring me chunks of wood and watched me carve drawings on them. She was just a hunter staring down at a prey with murderous eyes.

She turned slightly and walked to a small pile of wood pieces that were close to the fire. Moving slowly, she leaned down picking one. She was giving me her back, as if she knew I wouldn't make it outside no matter what I tried. Then, she turned to face me, with deadly calmness, like an executioner readying himself to deliver the sanction.

She held the long piece of wood from one side, bringing it down to lay on the length of her right thigh. Her eyes found mine and my knees quivered from the unspoken judgment.

With her animalistic look never leaving my confused eyes, she suddenly lifted it and the sound resonated in the den as the piece of wood hit her thigh. I jumped and took a step back, my breathing picking up instantly as I realized, she was going to punish me with that

My eyes widened at the weapon in her hand, it was unlike anything she used on me before. She used to punish me with a thin stick, but this thing was as large as my arm!

"I had doubts", she said, making our eyes meet again, "Every time I thought about you in the last couple of months, there was a voice inside me that chastised me, 'Go easy on him', it said. 'He's still your little Aella. Be patient with him, understand him'. But now, your despicable behavior leaves no doubt in my mind."

She eyed me carefully, letting her imminent threat sink its fangs into my heart before she added, "I gave you the choice, Ceri. Now you'll face the consequences."

She moved around me in a circular way, like a predator eyeing its prey. This was how she always started towards me when she was angry. I was too scared to move. My legs shook and my mouth felt so dry the more I eyed the monster in her hand.

She walked slowly to her left, eyeing with hawk eyes until she stood on the line between my weakened resolve and the exit. She stopped for a moment, silently studying me, before a malicious smirk tugged her mouth. I gulped at the sight of her, my shoulders hunched as I tried my best not to cringe. She was smirking and not even bothering to wipe the blood that stained a path from her cheek to her neck.