38. Death Call

Present

Present

Scattered thoughts race through my head as I dash upstairs, not being able to grasp a single one of them. It felt like my mind was incapable of processing anything right now; I mean, I was running upstairs so I could kill myself...I wasn't even thinking this through. However, thinking it through didn't matter right now; all that mattered was that I would get the last laugh...not Hunter. Never again.

Even with my wounded thigh, I'm able to push the pain aside and move my legs fast. I knew that if I really did hear Barry's voice back there in the cell, he was going to be coming after me before too long, so I needed to get there first. I couldn't let him catch me. I couldn't let him stop me.

I turn a sharp corner then as I bolt down the hall, seeing the main room just a few feet away. As I run towards it, I see a flash of yellow lightning come from the other side of the hall, it being Barry of course. I see his face full of confusion and worry, but he wasn't fast enough to reach me first. Before he can grab me, I turn into the room, heading straight towards the place I knew where they kept the guns in case of an emergency.

I quickly grab a pistol in the drawer under the desk Cisco usually sat at as I turn around and face the doorway, finding Barry running inside, but he stops. As he does this, I press the barrel of the gun to my temple, my finger dancing over the trigger.

His eyes broke me. "Raven, w-what...put the gun down."

"I can't," I say with tears starting to form in my eyes. No matter what he said, I wasn't going to give this up. Killer Frost was right; I deserved this, and I needed to do it. "He can't have the last laugh, Barry. I can't let him win!"

He was confused for a moment, but then he puts the pieces together that I was meaning Hunter. "Raven, listen to me. You aren't thinking straight right now, but just listen to me, okay? Everything is going to be okay; he won't get the last laugh. Cisco and Caitlin are working towards an antidote, and they're close-"

"There is no antidote," I breathe, shaking my head. I press the gun harder against my head. "That's just false hope. There's no saving me now."

"There is still time to save you," he says slowly, taking a small step closer to me. I tense up as he does so, causing him to freeze altogether. "Raven, you are worth saving."

My voice chokes. "I've lied to so many people. I've killed so many people, Barry. I don't deserve to be saved, and that's the truth. You know that. He made me who I am today, and I was his little puppet in his game. I just hate that I'm just now realizing that. He won...but I won't let him win this round. I can't-"

My finger starts to press against the trigger as a tear falls down my cheek, everything in my body screaming at me to pull it, but something held me back. I couldn't think long enough to figure out what that something was, but just before I can end it all, Barry continues to stall me.