May 23

"Camz?" Lauren whispered as she rolled over in Camila's bed only to find herself facing Camila's back. She could see the brunette's shoulders rising and falling and she could hear the sniffling that Camila was clearly trying to hide with her face buried in her pillow. "Baby, what's wrong?" Lauren asked, but Camila didn't have to answer for her to know. She glanced at the clock and sighed in two and a half hours Lauren would have to be packed and at the airport, ready to board her flight back to Miami, without Camila. Shuffling closer, Lauren put her arm around Camila's stomach and pulled her closer as she placed tiny delicate kisses down the back of the girl's neck. "I'm not ready to leave you yet," Lauren whispered and she could feel Camila nod her head, but she still hadn't said anything and her tears hadn't subsided. "I love you Camila, I love you and this weekend has been amazing. You wanna know what my favourite part was? It was when we were shopping for our apartment, we were picking out dishes for the kitchen, our kitchen and I just, I watched you and I realized this is it, this is where my dreams come true because in a month you will be home and I'll be able to wake up next to you every morning and fall asleep next to you every night. I'll get to see you dancing around our kitchen in your underwear while you sing along with the radio and I'll get to see you sprawled out on our couch watching movies. You're mine, really mine. You and I, in our apartment, living our life. Together."

"Who says I'll be wearing my underwear?" Camila whispered, a small giggle escaping her lips as she rolled over and faced Lauren, tears still in her eyes and on her cheeks.

"Don't cry please," Lauren replied softly, leaning in and pressing a kiss to the tip of Camila's nose as she used one hand to wipe the tears from her girlfriend's face. "It's just another month, we've made it this far. We are strong, you and I. We've got this."

"I love you, so much. I just don't want to let you go yet," Camila told her as she took a breath and closed her eyes. "Yeah, a month.."

"Why did you say it like that?"

"I don't know," Camila quickly lied, worried she had blown her cover and would have to come clean about her surprise for Lauren.

"You said it like you weren't coming home in a month, you're still coming home in a month right? Camz you're coming home, aren't you?" Lauren said feeling a thickness in her throat and a heaviness in her chest.

Camila could see the panic in Lauren's bright green eyes and she leaned in fast and captured Lauren's lips with her own, "I'm coming home." She mumbled as she started to deepen the kiss.

"You promise?"

"I promise."

"Okay," Lauren said with a nod and Camila could tell Lauren was searching her eyes to see if she was lying.

"Babe, seriously?" Camila groaned rolling onto her back. "I wouldn't have spent all day shopping for our apartment if I wasn't coming home."

"I guess that's true," Lauren agreed hesitantly, still unsure with why it felt like there was something Camila was hiding. "I love you."

"I know, I love you more," Camila said with a smile, quickly reaching over to cover Lauren's mouth with her hand when she heard Lauren start to say, "Not possible." Camila sat up a little and stared down at Lauren with squinted, playful eyes. "It is possible," she said seriously. "I love you with my whole butt, you can't beat that."

Laughter. That's what Camila heard, pure, innocent and joyful laughter as Lauren shook her head. "True, your butt is pretty big," she said rolling her eyes. "But I love it and I love you. Come on, let's go get some breakfast okay?" She said pulling herself from Camila's bed, knowing if she didn't do it right then, she might not manage to do it at all.