Chapter Twenty Five

The bells chimed a second time as I stood outside of the classroom door. An unmistakable frown wafted over my facial features as persons flooded the corridors in pairs and groups chatting away loudly. Hailey was one of them. I had forgotten we shared this class and I rolled my eyes and grimaced in annoyance at sharing another class with her. She had an I-dare-you-to-not-stare-at-me sort of air about her. The false grin she wore and the way she was batting her long eyelashes as if she was on a catwalk with a thousand cameras on her, made her seem hugely egotistical, like Blade. I wasn't buying her supposedly friendly act. Hailey was nothing short of conceited and her horrible pretences otherwise were dead giveaways. Her seven cronies had joined her and she tossed her hair to the side and flung her head back in laughter, at something someone said. The other girls mimicked similar actions. Hailey spotted me standing by the door and waved. I looked away and entered the classroom scoffing. The blonde guy Ross, that had sat next to me the class before said hello awkwardly.

"Hey," I utter flatly.

A minute later Hailey came modeling into the classroom with her pack behind her. They sat in their usual seats, with Blade's throne in the middle. Persons started filing in after that. Ossey was among the last set to arrive before the history teacher. Oswald fell into his seat with a sigh and glanced over at me. I pretended not to notice.

"I see, you're upset with me," He says with creases on his forehead.

I didn't reply and he sighed again loudly and mumbled something incoherent before sinking back into the seat.

"You know Cece, I think you suffer from multiple personality disorder," He adds turning to me.

"Thats a nice way of calling me a brat," I note and he frowned.

"Atleast it's better than being the asshole who doesn't reply to his friend's texts."

"I was busy," he replies modestly after clearing his throat quietly.

"You don't get to be busy."

"You know you're a terrible friend Cece, not really but you sort of are."

"Just as you are," I point out again suppressing a snicker, "guess we're a match made in heaven."

I stared at him searchingly and he looked uncomfortable but my stare was relentless and Ossey grimaced then spoke.

"The girl from the party, Amethyst, I was with her."

I rolled my eyes. I should have expected that.

"Don't sit there silently judging me," Ossey says with a scowl.

"I am judging you," I respond with a snicker.

"Right, like you don't have a thing for that neighbour of yours," He argues, "What's his name?... Emmett?"

Blade appeared at the door at the exact moment and his eyes flickered to Ossey and I. He smirked and I knew he must have heard Emmett's name but how much did he hear? Ossey was about to speak again and I cut him off and hissed quietly.

"Point made."

Oswald furrowed his eyebrows and my eyes followed Blade as he walked to his throne. He wasn't wearing the bandage from last night but I couldn't see his hand that was hidden by his jacket sleeve. Blade sat and the girls broke out in a whisper around him. His backpack made a clunk when he set it down and I snorted with quiet laughter. The moron hadn't even taken a seconds notice to the change in weight apparently.

Ossey sunk back into his seat without another word after seeing me watching Blade. The history teacher cleared his throat once more and greeted the class heartily and they murmered a collective incoherent reply.