Chapter 59

Rachel's POV

Saturday December 10 2016

Alex was finally coming home tonight! All Time Low had just finished their last tour of their Dirty Work promotion. They've seen places like Japan, Australia, and Brazil, just to name a few. They were gone from early July till now, and have been touring almost non stop. They would have a few weeks off here and there, but no more than 2 weeks off. So I basically wouldn't see Alex and the guys for more than just a couple of days before their next trips out to a new country. Since they were away and busy for a huge amount of time during this year, Alex and I had planned a nice relaxing few weeks at home during the holiday season.

I had tried convincing my parents to fly out to Baltimore for Christmas but they had already made commitments to visit my sister this year. I didn't mind too much, I would see them eventually. As long as I got to be with Alex, I was more than happy.

———————

"You're hoooome!!!!" I ran at Alex full speed and crashed into him, hugging him as hard as I could.

"Ah this is perfect!" Alex said with his head buried in my neck.

Sebastian and Peyton greeted Alex excitedly as well by jumping all over him, wanting to give him licks on his face.

"I made your favorite dinner tonight" I said as he began to pet his dogs.

"Your lasagna?!" He asked energetically.

"Yep! And if you eat all your dinner, we could have a nice dessert upstairs" I said with a wink and left to the kitchen.

Alex followed after me quickly, rubbing his hands together and said "okay! Let's eat!"

———————

As you'd expect, I gave Alex a nice treat after dinner. It has been way too long since we've been able to have sex without him needing to do laundry and re-pack his bags for another tour right after.

We sat in our bed, snuggled up with each other and watched a movie on the tv in our room. Perfectly content with where we were right now, I felt myself settle into Alex more and closed my eyes, loving the fact that I had Alex's scent filling my nose.

———————

Alex's POV

I started feeling sleepy after Rachel and I had sex. All of the traveling, plane rides, and shows were starting to get to me, making me more tired at each moment.

Suddenly all of the sleep left me when I remembered that I too had something special for Rachel. And she was slowly falling asleep on me.

"Babe are you asleep?" I whispered to her.

I got a mumble in response followed by a "nope".

"Okay good, cause I have something for you. Something for us actually."

I scooted out of the bed and reached for my backpack on the floor. I grabbed my laptop and set myself back into bed, Rachel now sitting up waiting for me.

I typed in my password, unlocking my laptop. I turned my head to Rachel where I saw her with a huge smile on her face. My background was a picture of her and I from our hometown show a few months ago. Of course she had come to the show since it was so close, and Adam Elmakias snapped a photo of her on my back as I gave her a piggy back ride.

"Okay, guess what?" I asked her.

"I dont know Alex, what?" She rubbed her tired eyes.

I opened the internet browser that was hidden, and showed Rachel the screen. "You. Me. 3 weeks in paradise."

Her eyes went huge and her mouth dropped open "Hawaii?! You're taking me to Hawaii?!"

I grinned happily and nodded my head.

"Oh my god!" She placed my laptop aside, and jumped on top of me, hugging me hard and laughing with joy.

"So you better get packing! We leave in 2 days!"

————————

Waking up with the windows open and the sound of the ocean just outside of our room felt like something that could happen to major celebrities and fictitious characters in movies. But it was real for Rachel and I. The resort I had booked was absolutely perfect and I never wanted to leave. We had been in Hawaii for 5 days so far and it was so relaxing, so warm, and a total difference from December in Baltimore. My birthday was 3 days ago and I spent it laying out on the beach with my girlfriend, attempting to surf, and snorkelling. Probably my best birthday yet.

Today, Rachel and I had planned to go hiking up a volcano. We had to confirm with the people at the resort that it wasn't an active volcano, and once they said it was safe enough, we got all of our stuff prepared and were ready to take on the challenge.

"Hey Rach" I said breathing slightly deeper than normal from walking up an incline of the volcano, "you should walk in front of me more often. I like the view of the island here, but the view of your ass is phenomenal."

She turned her head around and laughed. Her smile looking even more beautiful right now as we were getting higher and higher with more sunlight hitting us.

She stopped so I could catch up beside her "lets make this even more mushy and hold my hand as we climb." I pleasantly agreed and took hold of her hand.

About an hour and 15 minutes later, we finally reached the top and the view was beautiful. Pictures and words couldn't even capture the view that we were experiencing. The ocean was crystal clear, the sand looked so pure, and the palm trees looked tiny now.

We both breathed in the fresh crisp air, letting it all soak in.

"Could this view get any more perfect?" Rachel said, taking a few photos with her phone.

"Yeah," I snatched her phone from her, turning the front camera on. I threw an arm around her and kissed her passionately, snapping a few photos as we kissed.

Rachel smiled as we broke apart and took her phone back. "You know you can be such a romantic, Mr. Gaskarth" she noted as she looked at the new pictures.

"Look who's talking, Mrs. Gaskarth" I replied. Freezing as soon as I realized what I had just said. I was just adding onto what she had said! It just slipped out!

"What?" she said.

"Oh um sorry" I stammered over my words, not quite sure how to reply, "I was just trying to continue the joke. Sorry I brought it up. Lets forget about this?"

I have only had a handful of girlfriends before, and none ever got as serious as thinking about marriage before, so I was at a loss for words of how to handle this right now.

"Alex, chill. Its okay. And if you think about it, we have been together for about 2 and a half years now. The subject had to come up eventually. I mean, if you still love me" she said in a calming tone, helping to relax me again, adding in a laugh at the end.

"Of course I do. And since the subject is now out there, what do you think about it?" I was still nervous about the subject, fiddling with the laces on my running shoes.

"I wouldn't object to the idea if it ever came up" she grabbed one of my hands and held it loosely. Any sign of nervousness and awkwardness had left my mind and body and I felt at ease. Knowing that if in the future I decided I wanted to marry her, she would say yes, was the best news I could ever receive.

"Thats really good to know my love" I said and hugged her. My excitement was through the proverbial roof right now. This moment could have been the moment where I absolutely confirm that I want to marry this pretty lady one day. It's a good thing I was wearing my sunglasses, because the happiness made my eyes water up a bit. But in the most manly way of course.

We stayed at the top of the volcano for hours that day. We had brought snacks so we wouldn't have to leave just because we were hungry. We walked around the top of the volcano, tried climbing trees, and sat around enjoying the views. On only day 5 into our 21 day vacation, I could easily say that this was the best one I've ever been on. Returning back to Baltimore after a holiday like this would definitely be a struggle!