T W E N T Y E I G H T

CHAPTER 28

HARRY

I am caught off guard by her moves, they seem desperate. Her hands are wrapped around my neck, and she presses her lips against mine so tightly they almost grow pale. She inhales deeply through her nose and I grab her waist, holding her body. Just as I'm about to move my hand further down, she stops me.

"I can't... go all th-" she starts and I suppress my instincts to fling her over my shoulder and throw her down on the couch. My pants have tightened by her hands all over me, her lips on me, and I take a deep breath to let her go. This is hard. I am hard.

"It's okay," I say, leaning my forehead on hers. When I open my eyes, I see her fluttering lids, struggling to keep closed. Her brows furrow and she backs away a few steps.

"I'm... gonna go take a nap," Claire breathes, her hands traveling up to my cheeks. She opens her eyes, and her hazel eyes glow into mine.

"It's been a long day," she continues, her breath recovering, a sheen of sweat gathering on her face.

"Yeah okay," my voice comes out hoarse and raspy. Figures, we were screaming at each other for a good 10 minutes before she kissed me. I still can't believe it. She kissed me.

My thumping head turns slightly colder the second her forehead leaves mine, and she walks away. I inhale deeply as I'm left alone.

I decide to take a nap as well, because ever since I got the call that she left the apartment, I have been worn down. As I pull out the sofa to a bed, I realize how tired I actually am, even though my heart is still racing. I haven't slept properly for days, so that must be why.

But now that I am reminded of how her lips feel on mine, of how it is to feel wanted...

I can rest.

•

CLAIRE

"I kissed him," I whisper, leaning against the bedroom door. Michael turns to me instantly, his eyes widening.

"You what?" He exhales, laced with a hint of amusement. My body regains function, and I walk over to the bed with idle feet.

"He... almost killed himself when he found me here, dead," I utter, the words unbelievable to me. Michael leans forward, his hand covering his mouth.

"Wow," he says with deep 'o'. This is overwhelming. Someone who I met a week ago, loves me so madly, that he would kill himself if he had to live without me. I rub my eyes, trying my best to not break down from the intense anxiety that courses through me.

"I got so mad at him, and he got so mad at me..." I continue, looking down on the white bed covers.

"And then next thing I know, I was clinging onto him, he had his arms all over me, and our lips were pressed against each other."