Snake Eyes {2}

“I thought he left the school!” I cried as I opened my locker and began to exchange my books. Shaw shrugged helplessly. “So did I!” he said.

                Maxx Falcone was the single hottest boy in the history of the world. He was the whole reason I had found out I was gay.

                I had found myself thinking he was good looking when I was around 9 or 10, and admitted to myself that I was crushing on him when I was 12. I came out as gay the next year.

                But 2 years ago, Maxx had left the school. I had heard a ton of rumors, but had just assumed he had moved and attended a new school. No one had seen him around town since, and now he was back all of a sudden.

                I had missed him so much while he had been gone. I was pretty sure I was in love with him, even though I rarely spoke to him. The only times I had ever spoken to him were one time in math class when he asked me for help on a long term, and one time in health class when he asked me if we had a test that day.

                I was always timid, and never met his eyes when I walked by him in the halls. Just a few months ago, I had finally convinced myself that Maxx Falcone had moved away and wasn’t coming back. And now here he was!

                “Mark!”

                My head snapped up and Shaw rolled his eyes and stopped shaking me. He impatiently snapped his fingers in front of my eyes and I jumped back and smacked my head on a locker.

                “Ow! Shaw!” I whined, rubbing my head and slamming my own locker shut. Shaw shrugged and gave me an innocent look. I pouted and we made our way down the hall towards class.

                “Sorry Mark. You zoned out, and even the bell ringing didn’t snap you out of it. I hate to interrupt your wet fantasies of Maxx Falcone, but we need to get to class,” he said simply.

                I smacked his arm and blushed. “You are such a pervert Shaw! I do not have wet fantasies about Maxx! Or anyone!” I added hastily.

                Shaw grinned and chuckled. “Sure, Mark. Sure.”

                We entered first period and sat down together. Shaw folded his arms over his desk and rested his head on them. He was asleep almost instantly, and I rolled my eyes.

                “Mr. Luce, would you mind waking Mr. Courtney up for me?” the teacher, Mrs. Callaway, asked with a wink. I blushed a little and nodded, standing up and gripping Shaw’s desk.

                I yanked it and Shaw fell forward with a startled cry. He fell to the ground and the class erupted into laughter as I set the desk back down with a grin on my face.

                “You are an evil child!” Shaw grumbled as he got up, careful not to smack his head on the desk as he did so. I shrugged innocently as I sat back down.

                “I still can’t believe there are actually people who claim you don’t have a single mean bone in your body!” he whined, fixing the desk and rubbing his eyes.

                “Because there isn’t,” I said, flashing him my puppy dog eyes. “I just want my best friend to pay attention so he can get good grades and have a nice life.”

                He bit his lip and covered his eyes. “I’m not looking! If I don’t look, I won’t forgive you!” he cried. He waited a minute before peeking through his fingers and groaning when he saw that my expression hadn’t changed.