Lose Your Head Over

I woke up to find an envelope slid under my door, lying patiently for me to open

I woke up to find an envelope slid under my door, lying patiently for me to open. It was sealed with Lord Ishrafil's seal. Inside was a sheet of paper that read.

******

Mission Details:

We received a lead from a reliable source about a lead near the east coast of peninsular India. Your mission is to find the source or retrieve the information. In case of any dangers, do not engage. Retreat at the earliest and regroup here.

We have prepared for your departure. Report at my tower at 1030 hours

Thank you.

*******

At 9.30am, an Ethereal gate opened. A friendly face, with a friendly smile popped out, "Bro, ready? Let's go, let's go, and let's get a move on. Early to bed, early to rise, makes a dude get ready on time, let's go."

"One 'let's go' would have sufficed Omar," I said while rolling my eyes. Lazily, I crawled out from under the comfort of my sheets. This time I was sure to be late, so I asked Omar to go on ahead without me.

I hardly made it to the tower on time, thanks to Ethereal gates, a source of relief for us unpunctual kind. They were all waiting for me, me being the odd man out with my black robe amongst their white robes.

Thisroom seemed to be right at the top of the spire. Through the windows on theopposite ends there was an uninterrupted steady draft on account of the crossventilation. At the centre of this marble floor was a giant jet black monolithicobelisk. The obelisk was covered on all sides with gold lettering whichoccasionally began glowing. Four guardians were walking around the colossalstone that vaguely resembled a shiv-ling with the exception that this stonetapered continuously and ended in a hemisphere. The four guardians keptchanting (what was written on the stone) as they walked around the obelisk andas they spoke, the words that they uttered glowed. A soothing hum emanated fromthe obelisk which seemed to calm me down.