⊲|Chapter:35 'IMPRINTED ON MY HEART. |⊳

VOTING  AND  COMMENTING WILL  HELP  THIS  BOOK REACH  TO  THE  TOP.

GOAL : 170 votes.

|🌀|CHAPTER:35 |🌀|

Listen to 'still falling for you' by Ellie Goulding. 🎶⬇️🎶⬇️🎶⬇️

"Sophie," a soft, sweet, affectionate voice woke me up from my sleep. I felt Rebecca gently patting my arms. "Come on, lets have breakfast." I opened my eyes but just as the sunlight began poking it's insides, I buried my head inside the blanket, shutting them back. "Mom and Dad are waiting for you at the table." That sentence acted as a spring and I sat up in a second when my mind registered what Rebecca's words meant.

"Mom? Dad? They're still here?" I found myself asking with wide eyes. Eagerly waiting for her answer, I began praying. I wanted them here, to care about me and at the same time I didn't want that. Because awkward can't even define how I felt when they were around. With a wide grin on her face, she nodded as she removed the blanket from above me, sending chills throughout my body.

I groaned, getting up from the bed. I knew I couldn't go this way downstairs when my parents are there so I braced myself to bath. "There's no need to bath, Sophie. Just make sure you look presentable," Rebecca said, sensing my thoughts.

"Define presentable..." I trailed stretching my body.

"Look good, neat and not objectionable. You're wise enough to dress yourself that way. I know," she nodded in encouragement as she answered my question with a smile and headed out.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face. A lot of energy was needed to change into new clothes, and I didn't had that much of it. But that didn't stop me from changing into a presentable attire because at that moment nothing else mattered to me except for my impression on my parents.

When I got out of the washroom, without wasting a single minute I tied my hair in a side braid and pinned all the unnecessary hair that hung out, back. It was correct to say that I looked presentable. At least that was what I thought.

My wobbly feet brought me to the dining room which was lighted up properly unlike the past years. In fact all the places I passed were sparkling like never before. All the antiques, showpieces, frames and decorations were maintained perfectly. It felt like all the lights had returned to the house. The home which wasn't warm, which wasn't so homey felt like a home. It wasn't because of the decorations and lights, it was because of people. All the servants were pacing here and there inside the house and I couldn't help but smile at the fact that all of us were trying to impress the King and the Queen, including me.