Chapter 37 | Sugar Daddy

37

─── • ─── 

ISABELLA

"She shoots, and she scores!" Addy screams as the bowling ball hits all the pins, knocking them all to the ground. I roll my eyes while she does her fifth victory dance.
Addy and I are bowling because we have no better way to spend our Friday night. I've been counting the days that Miles and I haven't talked, and I'm at seven.

According to Addison, Jasper stopped over his house the other day, and they chatted. But I do not understand what about. Whatever it was couldn't have been about me because nothing changed.

"You're cheating somehow," I say, picking up the shiny purple ball and walking up to the alley.

"You wish I was," she says back, shoving candy into her mouth.

I take my grand old time lining myself up so I can get a strike. I don't bowl often, but when I do, I am a try-hard. The same goes for Addy, so it's a pretty intense match.

When I feel I'm at the perfect angle, I swing my arm back.

"Cute boys at ten o'clock!" she whispers to me, but it doesn't come out as a whisper. Instead, it startles me, and I lose grip of the bowling ball, causing it to roll into the gutter.

"Addy! What the heck!" I shout, watching it roll, only to hit nothing.

She grins. "I was only warning you that there are cute boys over there." She nods her head towards the group of guys walking over. I look over to see what she's talking about, then look back at her like she's crazy.

"Addy," I pause, which catches her attention, "those 'boys' over there are grandpas."

"Exactly, maybe you need a sugar daddy!"

I stare deadpan.

"You know what? Why don't you go suck Jasper's dick!" I snap, causing her mouth to fall open. "See, just like that!"

She quickly shuts her mouth and makes a pouty face. "You'd know, huh?"

"Addison!" I shout in disbelief while pulling my shoes off. She chuckles to herself before leaning in to whisper something.

"Just so you know, he doesn't deserve his dick sucked by you."

I can't help but burst out laughing. If you are ever sad, find someone like Addy to make it better because she sure knows how to.

Since I'm losing by a ton of points and the game is almost over, we pack up our things and head back home. Since it's Friday, I don't have to wake up early tomorrow, thankfully. Instead, I plan on going into the city to stop by the hospital and grab some paperwork.

"You sure you don't want me to come with you?" Addy questions as I grab my keys off of the counter.

"No, it's alright, go do something with your man." I smile. "I need some time alone to think, anyway."

"Okay, well if you need anything call me, babe." She winks and I hurry out the door, blowing a kiss in her direction. She pretends to catch it and puts it up to her heart.

Thirty minutes later, I arrive in the city as the sun sets, which looks beautiful. Since it's a Friday, the city is crowded. The streets are bustling with upbeat people. I saunter down the sidewalk to the enormous building and head inside.