Sixteen

Alex POV

I sit down next to a tall man. First plane back to Nevis. With a loud sigh I look out of the window.

"Hay kid, what're you doing here?" Asks the man with a Caribbean accent.

"Going to visit family." I lie.

"I'm Austen." He introduces himself.

"Alexander." I say shaking his hand. My phone buzzes.

Jefferson- Baby, where are you?

Hamilton- none of your business.

I let out a low growl.

"Someone giving you trouble?" He asks in his deep accent.

"Just my ex-boyfriend. He's pretending like he doesn't know why I hate him." I sigh.

"It'll be okay, Alexander. Here, let me give my phone number so I can give you advice next time he texts." Austen says, scribbling his phone number onto my left palm.

"So, why are you headed to Nevis?" I ask.

"It's where I'm from! I was on business in New York." He responds proudly.

"Cool, I'm from Nevis too!" I exclaim excitedly.

"You got a place to stay when we get there, Alexander?" Austen asks.

"No. please just call me Alex." I give him a warm smile.

"You can stay with me! I'm not an axe murderer, I swear." Austen happily responds.

"So, how old are you?" I ask.

"Twenty six, you?"

"Twenty three. Favorite color?"

"I like blue."

"I like green." We continued asking back and forth until I fell asleep on his shoulder

The next day the plane lands, having stopped in Florida. Austen helps me get everything together and takes me to his house. A waterfront mansion with lots of glass doors. The furniture is modern like the house.

"Welcome to paradise." Austen says putting my bags into a guest room. "What do you want for dinner?" He breathes.

"Anything is okay." I tell him. "Except Mac and cheese." Add.

"Noted." He says and disappears into the kitchen. I follow him in. He begin chopping vegetables while singing softly. Something about paper hearts.

"So Austen, the question lingers. Are you single?" I teasingly ask the taller man.

"Very. My last relationship ended two years ago." Austen says and resumes singing. "But I am looking into suitors." He adds looking at me briefly.

"Maybe we could go down to the beach later tonight." I suggest, he pushes hair out of his face.

"Yes, we should. It's very beautiful late at night." Austen smiles while chopping. His blackish brown hair is cut short except for the top, which is fluffy. I Star at him, memorizing his face for when this pipe dream is over. Nice white teeth, a strong jawline, a handsome nose, and caring green eyes. He has a small scar on one of his eyebrows.

"If this is a dream, I never want to wake up." I murmur.

"Neither do I." He responds. Blush spreads across my cheeks.

"So what do you do for a living?" I ask leaning on the counter.

"I am a chef." He says quickly. "What do you do, my mysterious friend?"

"I'm training to be a lawyer. Technically I have the credits needed to graduate, but extra credits look good on a resume." I say. He begins chopping a chicken breast.

"While this is roasting what do you think about Netflix and chill?" He jokingly says.

"Sure. We can watch the Princess Bride or something." I smile back. He pops it into the crockpot and leads me into a giant living room. My phone buzzes.

Jefferson- Babe, I'm getting really worried!

Hamilton- Please don't call me that. I have a boyfriend.

Jefferson- yes! You do! It's me!

Hamilton- his name is Austen, he's sitting right next to me.

Jefferson- What? Where are you?

Hamilton- like I said, that doesn't concern you.

"Did you call me your boyfriend?" Austen laughs.

"I was trying to get him off my back." I scoff.

"Whatever you say, cutie." He responds and I turn bright red.

Thomas POV

I pace worriedly. He posted a picture an hour ago of his dinner. His location was in the Caribbean. The caption was 'met this guy named Austen, now he's making me a lovely dinner.'

"Mon ami, do not worry. He always finds his way home. When John died he was so lost that he ran away to Virginia." Lafayette says with a shrug.

"You don't understand! He said he has a boyfriend and it's not me. "He posts another picture. Some guy with short dark hair on the beach staring out to the waves. He has no shirt on. Alex is sprinting into the right side of the picture, also in swim trunks. My heart swells as I see his familiar back. No caption. Suddenly I notice something odd. Alex has a small tattoo on his back. I don't remember that being there. I find other pictures where his back is exposed. He's always had the small tattoo. To be fair normally I didn't see his back, and the one time we had sex I had him in my lap. Maria and Peggy sat at the dinner table.

"Well he doesn't seem to be unhappy or in captivity so there's nothing we can report to the police." Eliza points out.

"He had all his college credits anyway. If he wrote the headmaster a letter he could get his license and become a lawyer wherever he is." Peggy adds.

"To be fair, he's only been gone for three days." Burr adds.

"Shut up BURR! Why did we even invite him?" Hercules asks.

"Because I thought it was only right that we gathered anyone who could know his whereabouts." James quietly says.