Awaiting Death ; Kageyama X Reader

A/N: Story based on the short film above. This chapter contains angst, angst, and more angst.

Your body lied limp, while your head rested against the car window. You clutched the brown bear Kageyama had given you for your birthday just recently. It may not have seemed like the most thoughtful gift, but it meant a lot to you. It seemed to comfort you, and lull you to sleep easily.

As your body became more and more asleep, the grip you held on the bear loosened with every second, until it finally fell out of your hold. Kageyama, who was driving at the moment, had noticed. He turned his head towards you, completely taking his eyes off of the road. He removed one of his hands from the wheel, and caught the bear quickly. He slightly shifted the bear back up into your chest.

You felt the bear being shifted up into your chest, and moved your hands to regrip the bear. During the process, you felt Kageyama's hand on the bear, causing you to smile. You wrapped your hands around his hand, as well as the bear.

The content and peaceful look written on your face, was enough to make Kageyama smile. He let out a small sigh, glancing at you one last time, before turning his attention back to the road. As he turned his head, he heard the noise of a horn. He moved his head towards the noise, not really thinking anything of it. But before he can even process what's happening, terrifyingly bright lights take over his vision.

His nightmare begins.

Kageyama feels as though he's flying. The cold wind brushes against his body, his hair flowing about in several directions. For what feels like an eternity, his body feels at bliss.

But most of the time, when our bodies feel at bliss at last, it all ends at once.

•••

Kageyama stood upon the boat, floating through thick clouds of dark blue mist. His crystal eyes search desperately for his loved one, dread settling in his chest. His eyes continue to carefully scan the forever lasting abyss of blue, before his eyes finally stop upon finding your figure lying in a tire.

Your arms tiredly held you onto the tire, your body desperately trying to stay atop of it. Your chin rested on the black tire, supporting your head up, as you were hardly able to on your own.

Kageyama started turning the boat in your direction, while his brain racked ideas on how to help you.

•••

Kageyama's eyes slowly peeled open, his vision quite blurry. His body felt horrendous. It felt as if his body was angry with him, and was causing his scorching pain in hatred.

But he completely ditched the pain and focused his attention on you.

He stared at your lifeless and torn up body, lying helpless on the pale cement, now covered in a crimson red. His eyes shifted towards the surprisingly still spotless brown bear, lying next to your body.

Tears gathered around his eyes, one by one, before streaking down his face. Each tear left a scar of regret and pain, before dropping off his chin and onto the ground below, swirling into his leaked blood.

He felt a mask being placed onto his pale, milky skin, as he closed his eyes once again, trying his hardest to erase everything going on around him.
•••