- He's mad? -

Chapter three

-
Her presence was there, right in my face and so tempting to attack. "Can I help you?" I raised my voice, staring at Sarah.

"Stay away from him."

What?

I frowned. I haven't even spoke to "him" since that one horrible incident last Thursday!

Last. Thursday.

Oh how there's been a shift in emotions compared to the poor little ol' me last week. I still hadn't fully recovered from the hurt, but like getting over a bad cold, I was certainly a lot better. Not fully fixed but definitely better.

Yes, the torment from rude girls had continued, yes, I was still pretending like nothing happened, and yes, Theo was still a jerk.

However, my patience was wearing thin. There was only so many snide looks, unnecessary comments and teasing I could ignore before I'd snap. I wasn't the type of girl to let it swallow me whole, nor was I the type to blame myself and believe I deserve it.

No one deserves this.

Okay, maybe some BAD people but I'm not bad! Well, I'm bad at a lot of things but not bad towards others that are undeserving to it!

I hadn't done a single thing to anyone. I'm not going to run away to another pack, I'm not going to sniffle my nose and I'm certainly NOT going to show I care. I'd be damned to let them win and see me as some sad little puppy they can kick to the curb.

Not if I can control it anyway.

"Now you listen here," I gritted, glaring at her. "I don't care about him. If he isn't paying attention to you, don't blame me for it."

"He does pay attention to me," She sneered, leaning her face closer to mine. "Just....stay back!"

Snorting, "You should be doing that right now, I think," I smiled sarcastically. Her muddy brown eyes narrowed as she quickly pulled her head back and stepped away.

I rolled my eyes, slamming my locker shut and turning once more, only to see Sarah walking straight to Theo. Again, he was watching me. Has he got nothing else better to do?

He fortunately left me alone for the most part. Surprisingly, this has been the first time I've properly been this close to him, aside from when he'd pass by my desk in the classroom to reach his seat.

My luck, I had to pass the two idiots, which was just lovely for me. Yuck.

She was whispering something into his ear, hand covering the side of her mouth and shooting a smirk towards me. I couldn't handle it anymore — the comments, stares and torment — it was infuriating me beyond limits. I walked straight towards the both of them, stopping and glaring as he stood with a smirk.

I've let enough slide. It's about time I actually say something.

"Are you that feminine?" His smirk disappeared.

"What did you just-"

"To be whispering like a little bunch of school girls," I breathed in through my clenched teeth, exaggerating the intake of air as my eyes narrowed. "It's about...uh, well, cheap. That, and petty, something little girls would do. All that's missing is a school girl skirt, so where is it, Theo? Where's your pretty little skirt?"

The anger was evident, no matter how much he forced his face to remain impassive. The people close enough to notice quietly stopped their conversation, watching on in surprise. I'd be amazed too if someone actually had the balls to talk to Theo like that.