Chapter 18 - The Devil's den

Sophia's P.O.V.

He really would do it. I breathed deeply.

"The whole family will have dinner tomorrow evening. I'll tell them about our marriage there. We'll get married in a month."

"A month?" I asked, surprised.

"You want it to be earlier?" he asked me with a smirk.

"Xander!"

"We will get married before your stomach shows." He was so strong-minded about it. I couldn’t convince him. Maybe it would be good for our baby. I was angry at him, but I missed him. I was holding myself hard not to hug him.

"Fine." He was surprised. He did not think I would accept. "But I have a condition. I will stay at my place until we get married."

"No," he said, refusing.

"Xander, but I agreed to get married. At least don’t object to that."

"It’s not up for discussion. You will stay with me. End of discussion,” he said and went to the kitchen. I went to the kitchen after him. He brought something to eat from the fridge. "You must be hungry."

"You can’t force me to stay here."

"Wait and see."

"You get on my nerves!"

"Why do you want to go to your place so much? After all, you are going to stay here when we get married. What difference does it make? And…you make it seem like you've never stayed the night here."

I remembered our nights that we spent together, his kisses, his touches, and his warmth. I bit my lower lip.

"If you want we can repeat," he said as he smirked at me.

"Only in your dreams."

He approached me and said, "Are you sure? Don’t act like I don’t know what's going on in your mind. You miss me like crazy. I'm aware that you miss my touch and my kisses."

"Precisely," I rolled my eyes.

He moved closer to me. He put his hands on the counter by both of my sides. I was stuck in his arms. He moved his head closer to my neck. His breath fanned my neck. He was trailing his lips on my neck. My heart was beating faster.

"But your body doesn’t say the same things you say," he murmured and suddenly, he moved away and smirked at me, "you should see yourself now."

I gathered myself and said, "Don’t be ridiculous."

"You don’t want to stay here because you know you can’t resist me."

"No, nothing like that."

"Okay, then you're staying here. Come on, you must be hungry. You haven’t had anything to eat since this morning."

"I don’t want anything."

"You will eat Sophia," he demanded.

"I'm not your employee anymore. Stop ordering me."

"Don’t act silly. Are you not going to eat because you're angry at me?"

"I'm not silly. I will eat it when I want to eat." I went to the living room.

After having lunch, he came to the living room.

"The lunch is still on the table. Go and eat. I will take a shower," he said as he went up the stairs.

I was hungry. I went to the kitchen. I cleared the table after I ate my lunch. I went to the living room.

A little later, Xander came down. He sat next to me on the couch. The masculine scent of his perfume filled the room. I missed this scent.

"I talked to my father. He'll tell your parents about dinner." I didn’t respond to him and he asked me, "Are you still angry with me?" I still didn’t respond and he breathed deeply. He turned on the TV, "Let's watch a movie." He found a romantic comedy, "Your favorite movie."

He started watching the movie. I started watching as well. Suddenly, a wave of nausea flooded over me. I ran to the bathroom. Xander came behind me to the bathroom.

"Go."

"No, don’t worry,” he said as he held my hair back. He was rubbing my back. I was still vomiting. After I threw up, I washed my face and brushed my teeth. "Are you better?" he asked. I nodded. He put his hand on my waist and said, "Come on. Lay down a little."

I laid in bed and leaned back on the pillow. He sat next to me on the bed. He placed his hand on my stomach and rubbed my stomach and asked, "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I am. Don’t worry."

He pulled the blanket over me and comforted me, "Get some rest. I will be in the living room. If you need something, call me."

He left the bedroom and closed the door behind him. Actually, I liked that he was so caring towards me. I had missed how he looked at me with his warming eyes.

Xander's P.O.V.

I went down. I went to the kitchen and made dinner for us. I went upstairs to check on her.

As I entered the room, she was sleeping like an angel. I missed her so much. I really wanted to touch her, to hug her, to kiss her.

I laid down beside her. I leaned on my elbow and looked at her. I stroked her hair, her cheek, and kissed her forehead. I smelled her hair. I missed her beautiful scent. I was in love with this woman like crazy. I was angry at her, but I still loved her so much.

Now, we're going to have a baby. I placed my hand on her stomach and rubbed her stomach and said, "Your dad loves you so much. I look forward to seeing you in my arms.” I stroked her hair and said, "Wake up, Sophia. Dinner is ready."

She rubbed her eyes and opened her eyes. Our eyes met.

"Come on," I said.

"Alright,” she said, finally not arguing with me. We got up and went down. We ate our dinner. After I went to my office.

Sophia's P.O.V.

Xander went to his office. My phone rang. It was Ella, "Where are you, Sophia? I was worried. I went to your house and nobody was there. Where are you?"

"Xander came for me."

"What? How did he find you?" I told her what happened. "Well, how are you? Want me to come and get you?"

"No. I'm fine. Actually…I missed him so much."

Xander's P.O.V.

When I came out of the office to drink water, I heard Sophia’s phone conversation. She told her friend that she missed me. When she turned her face around, she saw me.

"I will call you later, Ella. Bye." She hung up quickly. "How long have you been there?" she asked me.

"Enough to hear you say that you missed me."

"I didn’t miss you. You got me wrong. And now you're listening to my phone conversations?"

"I didn’t listen. I eavesdropped accidentally when I was coming to the kitchen. There are no secrets between husband and wife and you will be my wife." I smirked and went to the kitchen. I drank some water and returned to my office.

I went to the living room after I finished my work. She fell asleep in front of the TV. I moved closer to her and scooped her up into my arms carefully. I carried her to the bedroom and put her on the bed carefully. I took her shoes off and changed her clothes. I pulled the blanket over her body. I took off my clothes and wore my sweatpants. I laid down beside her. She wrapped her arms around my waist. She was still sleeping. I wrapped my arms around her too and pulled her closer to me.