Chapter One

Thank you for making me this very beautiful banner endmetrash I love it very much (:

If you're interested in sending a banner in, my email is open! Midika36@gmail.com

Word Count: 2478

~Dawn

This is dangerous. This is dangerous and stupid.

The reason why I decided to do this is primarily related to the lack of entertainment I get from the forest. Also, my incessant curiosity won't let me live this opportunity down.

My body strength from climbing trees all day allows me to heave my body weight onto the concrete structure, my feet coming under me, so I am crouching. I won't make the mistake of standing up; the shadows will only conceal me so much.

Today, I've decided to take Commander Burke's delivered note from the Alpha into consideration. Am I going to act on it past a certain point? Probably not.

Alpha Rylan promised my sister and I would no longer be pursued by his guards, if I meet him one last time. This isn't something I actually believe, however, I'm interested in what he might have to say. It's been a year since I last saw him, and I want to know how he managed to keep his prized soldiers coming after me.

I've climbed this wall plenty of times. The concrete under my fingers is a familiar, rough feeling I bask in for a moment. If this goes wrong, this might be the last time I do this.

You're here for a look, and a look only.

The Purity Pack stretches out in front of me, glittering lights and street noises invading my senses. This place is nothing like the forest that shrouds the outer walls, stopped only by the man-made structure meant to keep religion in, and sin out. Their Alpha protects them well, from outlaws such as myself. He hates the fact that I can climb his precious wall, and taint his precious people.

I step cautiously across the wide ridge. Rylan had cruel thick steel rods, sharpened at the end installed to deter me from making it over, but it never has worked. I have no other choice. Food for my sister can only be found in this Pack.

The Alpha stated he would meet me by the wall at midnight, near the market place that wakes only at night. It's time has passed though; it's early morning at this point. Everyone would have gone home to wake up tomorrow at dawn for their daily events. They praise the moon only at midnight, which has long passed.

The market is neutral ground. Not his estate. Not my forest.

I make it a few metres, before I stop again. I'm on the borderline of the abandoned marketplace. All the stalls have been pushed against the wide wall that surrounds it. No one has to worry about locking anything up; people don't steal here.

He is in here somewhere. Waiting.

Grinding my back tooth out of habit, I keep my slow crouch walk up, hoping the streetlamps cones of light don't have the kind of range to reveal my position. The night that shrouds me is my only shield of protection against Alpha Rylan. If I had the resources, I would have an entire arsenal with me. Instead, I'm stuck with a thick sharpened piece of wood tucked into the back of my pants.

I don't know how this will go. Rylan surely brought his guards with him.

The marketplace shows itself as I walk only a few steps more. It is broad, having the ability to hold many people. I had expected to see Rylan right in the middle, waiting patiently for me. Instead, I saw nothing. My eyebrows furrowed.